Damn, I feel like such an asshole now.

IWP

80s freak
Apr 30, 2006
Philly
Okay so, I've been going out with my now ex-girlfriend for about 11 months, and we used to have good times, and we both loved each other so much. However, she would always boss me around, saying what I can and cannot do, like telling me that I can't hang out with my friends, and shit like that. Not only that, but she would always get upset and pissed off at the stupidest shit, and usually, whenever I tried to help her, she would always tell me to leave her the fuck alone. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, but I waited first to see if she would get better. Turns out I was wrong. I was about to do this before, but gave her a second chance. However, today she just drove me to my boiling point. She gets all upset at me for no reason whatsoever. So I finally dumped her. I feel pretty bad about doing it, and I know I hurt her, and broke her heart, but I just can't take her shit anymore. Do you guys think I did the right thing?

I had friend with a girlfriend like that. she was the mother of his daughter but he ditched her. I met her. she was a bitch. she got what was coming to her. no woman tells me or my friends who they can hang out with. that shit's not tolerated.

Yeah, it is never hard having to make the decision to break off from someone you've been with, but you can't stay with someone if they've got something that bothers you for legitimate reasons.

Hard to say. The thing is, relationships are not easy and take a lot of work. It's rare for anyone to meet the perfect person that meshes perfectly and neither person has any traits or habits that annoy the other person. It just doesn't happen much. So to make stuff work, you have to communicate and compromise. You have to sometimes accept double standards and stuff like that.

So, if it was valuable to you, you should address the issues and see how it goes. See if you can understand where each other are coming from and make some compromises. If you just wait around and see if she gets better, it's not gonna happen.

That's what an old guy thinks. An old THRASHER!!!!

Hard to say. The thing is, relationships are not easy and take a lot of work. It's rare for anyone to meet the perfect person that meshes perfectly and neither person has any traits or habits that annoy the other person. It just doesn't happen much. So to make stuff work, you have to communicate and compromise. You have to sometimes accept double standards and stuff like that.

So, if it was valuable to you, you should address the issues and see how it goes. See if you can understand where each other are coming from and make some compromises. If you just wait around and see if she gets better, it's not gonna happen.

That's what an old guy thinks. An old THRASHER!!!!

She was pretty much running his life. :Smug:

She was pretty much running his life. :Smug:

That may be, and it may have been the right thing to do. But if it was a relationship that was valuable to both people, it would only make sense to actually try to communicate about the issues and see if there was any hope. Sometimes people have fears or hangups that make them act in certain ways, and sometimes those things can be overcome. So if it helps, it helps. If it doesn't it doesn't.

There is a huge problem in today's society with people being immature an self centered and not working on problems and not valuing relationships (I am thinking of marriage mostly) or kids enough to suffer a little discomfort to save a relationship. I am sure there are tons of kids who would have appreciated their parents trying a little (lot) harder to stay together and to have a good relationship.

There is a huge problem in today's society with people being immature an self centered and not working on problems and not valuing relationships (I am thinking of marriage mostly) or kids enough to suffer a little discomfort to save a relationship. I am sure there are tons of kids who would have appreciated their parents trying a little (lot) harder to stay together and to have a good relationship.

Theres a difference between that and being in a relationship with a total bitch. He wasn't being selfish, he was actually trying to be nice. He WAS ACTUALLY putting up with her. He even gave her an extended period of grace until he cracked.

It wasn't even his fucking fault, it was hers. Becoming PUSSYWHIPED does not constitute as a good solution to relationship problems.

Theres a difference between that and being in a relationship with a total bitch. He wasn't being selfish, he was actually trying to be nice. He WAS ACTUALLY putting up with her. He even gave her an extended period of grace until he cracked.

It wasn't even his fucking fault, it was hers. Becoming PUSSYWHIPED does not constitute as a good solution to relationship problems.

Maybe you know more about THAT situation than I do. Maybe not, and maybe it was the right thing to do regardless. I only know what he posted, and when you hear a brief description of one side of a story, you can't be sure of what's what. He's doesn't seem entirely happy with the situation.

I am just saying that relationships don't work when people just wait and see if the other person will get better. They take communication and active effort from both people. Is that what was the thing to do here? I don't know. But if it was never even attempted, then who knows what could have happened?

Maybe you know more about THAT situation than I do. Maybe not, and maybe it was the right thing to do regardless. I only know what he posted, and when you hear a brief description of one side of a story, you can't be sure of what's what. He's doesn't seem entirely happy with the situation.

I am just saying that relationships don't work when people just wait and see if the other person will get better. They take communication and active effort from both people. Is that what was the thing to do here? I don't know. But if it was never even attempted, then who knows what could have happened?

He's not happy dumping her because he's inherently not an asshole. Some guys are uncomfortable dumping a chick even if she's a total bitch because they feel sorry for her. He feels like it's wrong because of how it will make her feel.

Thats the only reason.