Damn, I feel like such an asshole now.

yes, good job, some guys dont have the balls to break off a relationship even if it isnt going well

That may be, and it may have been the right thing to do. But if it was a relationship that was valuable to both people, it would only make sense to actually try to communicate about the issues and see if there was any hope. Sometimes people have fears or hangups that make them act in certain ways, and sometimes those things can be overcome. So if it helps, it helps. If it doesn't it doesn't.

There is a huge problem in today's society with people being immature an self centered and not working on problems and not valuing relationships (I am thinking of marriage mostly) or kids enough to suffer a little discomfort to save a relationship. I am sure there are tons of kids who would have appreciated their parents trying a little (lot) harder to stay together and to have a good relationship.

It was a abusive relationship and he did the right thing but letting her go... he can find someone better who will appreciate him...

The question here is, have you ever addressed this issue with her before? Did she know that you felt this way? If she did, and what you said is true, then it seems to have been a fair thing to do. If not, I think that you should have probably addressed the issue in a more civil manner beforehand.

I tried that many times before. However, anything I did had little or no effect on her. She almost never listens to me when I try to talk to her. I even gave her another chance to get her shit together after I threatened to dump her before. She said she would never act like that again. It's like the saying goes, if you fool me once, shame on you. If you fool me twice, shame on me. I gave her plenty of chances to change, but she never did. Oh, and as Rabid Headbanger mentioned, I was indeed being pussywhipped be her, and I just couldn't take it anymore.

It would seem that you did the right thing. I mean, you're moving to Texas soon anyway, right?

Yep.

I went out with a girl for 8 months who was like that, so I had to break it off. Dispite me really missing her it was the right thing to do at the end of the day. You'll find someone else soon enough brother. :kickass:

I tried that many times before. However, anything I did had little or no effect on her. She almost never listens to me when I try to talk to her. I even gave her another chance to get her shit together after I threatened to dump her before. She said she would never act like that again. It's like the saying goes, if you fool me once, shame on you. If you fool me twice, shame on me. I gave her plenty of chances to change, but she never did. Oh, and as Rabid Headbanger mentioned, I was indeed being pussywhipped be her, and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Then it sounds like you did the right thing.

Fuck the flame wars, come down hard on these fucking relationship confessionals. I want to talk metal and all things geek, not fucking read constant boo-hooing over disasterous love lifes. Sometimes it feels like an episode of fuckinfg Jerry Springer in here.