The ND Social Thread

Saw Opeth and they were excellent and Porcupine Tree is up there for one of the best shows I've seen.

I bowl with a hook rather than the curve you guys are talking about. A hook is much more subtle. I start at the 3rd arrow from the middle. I suck now though since I only go 1nce or 2wice a year.

I'm confused. How does the weight of the ball change anything? Is the Wii controller actually able to change its resistance to motion by setting a different ball weight? I mean, even little kids are all bowling now, and I don't think they can lift heavy balls....

Wait a minute, do you mean people actually still bowl in bowling alleys with real bowling balls? Holy shit...

:saint:

Ken

I considered getting a 15lb wrist weight for when I play my Wii. Our league is on Thursday nights, and with Christmas Eve/NYE falling on Thursdays this year, I had about 3 weeks of using the Wii before the league picked back up.

That first week after the holidays was brutal. I was so used to using the Wii controller, that my arm wasn't used to heaving a 15lb bowling ball. :lol:

yeah maybe you'll have better luck getting everyone to show up for ND bowling night than getting everyone to show up for an ND gig!!!

Yeah, I'm snarky.

Well, if this were 15 years ago, I would book an ND gig at the Fireside Bowl, back when they still allowed bowling DURING shows.

Those were fun times, bowling while bands were playing.

One of my old bands played a bar that was in a bowling alley above an ACE Hardware in the Lincoln Square area, may have even been called Lincoln Square Lanes.

Point being that live music and bowling is not that weird of a combo in the Chicagoland area....... :headbang:

I have the perfect bowling alley for this ND forum bowling event...

CLASSIC BOWL IN NILES!!!

That's one ghetto-ass bowling alley! Though I haven't been there in MANY MANY years. I grew up bowling at the no-longer-existen GOLF MILL LANES.

Though, I could support bowling at Classic.

I think on Monday May 10th, a few guys from my team are meeting up at night at Brunswick in Mount Prospect.

Porcupine Tree was pretty awesome BTW. They played the new album in it's entirety, took a 10 minute break, and came back about for 13 more songs or so. Show got over around 11:40 or so. PT was on stage over 2 hours I believe. You don't see that much.