The New Album

FinalFatalForce said:
i think its being Released June 15th...all i know...According to bestbuy.com...i think that was the site or Cdquest.com
no. the double-cd collection exposures is being released on the 24th of may. the new album is scheduled for quite a bit later on. sorry.

I just think it's kinda weird. It was back on March 3rd when they announced that they were "nearing completion of the album," then March 30th they said it was being mixed, then it's like they forgot we cared. 'Specially considering DT is so typically and admirably prompt about getting information to their fans via the website.

Maybe something drastic happened in the mixing process. Maybe they got it all mixed up and sounding just the way they wanted it, and then, of a sudden, they had an epiphanic revelation that the entire album was nothing more (nor less) than a word-for-word, note-for-note copy of ABBA's Arrival. Just thinkin out loud here.

Fathomless

Personally speaking, I'm convinced they're meticulously inserting a number of subliminal messages into every song, very important stuff such as "thou shalt not have garlic with milk" and "thou shalt strap on a sword and prance around town in thine finest leathers". Also, they must arrange every little sound so that the album will continuously roar "Satan! SATAAAAAAAAAN!" when played backwards.
Mixing an album is a delicate procedure indeed.

Fathomless said:
I just think it's kinda weird. It was back on March 3rd when they announced that they were "nearing completion of the album," then March 30th they said it was being mixed, then it's like they forgot we cared. 'Specially considering DT is so typically and admirably prompt about getting information to their fans via the website.
the album is ready as any unmastered opus can be. choices about the final tracklist, whether to include or take out a couple of snippets, song titles and overall album concept are still in the making. the possibility of bonus material for certain areas is also being taken into consideration. moreover, the fact that another cd featuring unreleased tracks is coming out next week doesn't really make anybody hurry to complete the new album: it is never a good idea to overload the fans with three thousand new products. it's in fact often rather cheesy and a bit sad.

there isn't much to say about the state of the new record: it's there, it will be fine-tuned soon. in the past couple of months dt have been playing gigs and rehearsing the new songs in order to be ready for live versions of some of them.

Maybe something drastic happened in the mixing process. Maybe they got it all mixed up and sounding just the way they wanted it, and then, of a sudden, they had an epiphanic revelation that the entire album was nothing more (nor less) than a word-for-word, note-for-note copy of ABBA's Arrival. Just thinkin out loud here.
well, i'm not that familiar with abba - except for the very popular songs - but the new record didn't really remind me of abba in any way, no. there's still time for something drastic to happen during mastering, or tinkering, or pampering, or plummeting, or fiddling, or whimpering. yet as of now epiphanic revelations are to a minimum.

I hope they make the guitars more prominent on this album, like on Damage done some of the riffs were fairly hidden, and although it still sounded totally sweet Id rather the guitars were the head of the sound instead of just pushing the electronics forward (what a load of waffle that sounds like). I love the electronics I just think the ratio would suit better if there were more guitars chugging away in the mix.

Northern Lights said:
Personally speaking, I'm convinced they're meticulously inserting a number of subliminal messages into every song, very important stuff such as "thou shalt not have garlic with milk" and "thou shalt strap on a sword and prance around town in thine finest leathers". Also, they must arrange every little sound so that the album will continuously roar "Satan! SATAAAAAAAAAN!" when played backwards.
Mixing an album is a delicate procedure indeed.
:err:

They're just having trouble with the guest rapper, that's all..

..but it'll be done soon. And it's gonna be da shiT, son!

Fathomless said:
Aren't we a bit overdue for some information on the upcoming album? I mean, it's been like a month and a half. Does anybody know anything?
Pesky fans always wanting more. :p

Stanne told the audience at the 2000 Decibel that it's probably coming out in October, but I don't know if that is set in stone.