A new DT album ?

insilence

Jun 11, 2005
Do you know if DT are working on a new album, I have not followed the metal press for a long time.Any information ?

I'm sure it'll be widely talked about on here if this topic was brought up.

Arch said:
I'm sure it'll be widely talked about on here if this topic was brought up.
I don't understand the red 'no' .It's not 'commersial interests'.Am I being snubbed ?

insilence said:
I don't understand the red 'no' .It's not 'commersial interests'.Am I being snubbed ?
No, you're not being snubbed. It's this little disclaimer on www.craigslist.com that every poster gets. :)

insilence said:
Do you know if DT are working on a new album, I have not followed the metal press for a long time.Any information ?

They have the festivals to finish appearing at and then they were talking about another US tour I believe, not sure if that's gonna happen before production for the next album or what but I imagine DT will take a bit of a rest after the festival season. This has been one of the most constant working attentions they've given to dt (off the back of character touring twice and what not)... although after the completion of character they had nearly a year to just chill out, as for some reason they took to teasing us with it's release :p (they wanted a break I'm sure ;) ).

Anyway, what I do know is Niklas wants to take this next album in a more experimental direction after the last two records being so heavy. Whether or not this means they are going to boost the electronics even more, or if they are going to make an edge of sanity style metal opera, I dont know, but I'm sure excited. Of course this is only what Nik has said, I havn't seen any comments from the other members on the subject.

I'd say they'll maybe start work on the next album in 7 months time. That makes sense to me as the gig season will be finished and a new year, which no doubt will be alot quiter than this one for them, will reign. Or perhaps it'll be 19 months, and they'll take a year out entirely. Who knows?

King Chaos said:
Anyway, what I do know is Niklas wants to take this next album in a more experimental direction...

that's wonderful. :)
if that's from any interview or so on the net, would you please post the link?

Delirious said:
that's wonderful. :)
if that's from any interview or so on the net, would you please post the link?
It'll be in one of the threads started about interviews either on this page or the second page... I read it in two different interviews, both were linked to on this board... I'd find them for you only... *passes out*

thanks, found (what i guess is) it.

"I might have said in some interviews that I personally hope that the next album will be more experimental and weird..."

Now thats some good news! Some people here know that I dont really appreaciate Character and Damage Done much, but I love Projector and Haven, so I hope the next will be the advance of these two.

I think they wont go any further if they cant explore new ground effectively. Like the new album will be experiemental (I am fairly certain sundin will get his way), but some experiments fail. I have no doubt they can't make 2 experimentals in a row, so after the experiment, no doubt they'll have achieved everything they can. Character really bracketed everything they've done, and listening to their albumography you cant help but feel the members can't have much left to offer.

Oh boy, sorry KC, but thats bullshit. I dont wanna go into a lengthy argument here, so Ill just say dont underestimate them, they can take their music whichever way they prefer and Im sure they still like making it, so... I dont know about that last or not thing, but I have a feeling that the next one is gonna be really something. Character hasnt imo come anywhere close to bracketing everything they did before and I hope the new one wont attempt to do that. They should really come with something like Projector had been (or like spanish inquisition ;) ), something unexpected.

Hitory: Character was the first album of the new contract, so one more and - if there's still a contract to fulfill - another live-album or so. It's quite easy to fulfill a contract...

KC: Trust me, they still have their creativity! Haven was the first DT-album being my TOP1. I didn't think it was possible to do better. After DD was released, a few weeks later, DD was my no. 1... Now, Character... May be ny new no. 1, although I listen to many albums these days (Dew-Scented, Aborted, Ektomorf, ...).

hey folks they are just very succesfull this year with character and tour the whole world, I dont think its a good idea to speak of the bands end...because they have no ideas anymore.
@schedentod I have more fear to open powermetal.de and to read DT died in a plane crash than that they split up.
If they try more be more experimental why not? they never did a bad song(something you cant say about IN FLAMES and there is not DT sideproject-and IF have 3 or more)

King Chaos said:
Wow, I don't think it'll be that late on, but maybe. Next CD will be their last I think :(.
I'm not sure that this is true. A friend of mine sat back stage with them at a recent concert, and they apparently won't be done any time soon. At least I hope that's the case.