The new Alexi 200 guitar.

Jun 12, 2006
Sorry if this has been posted already...

Check it out here:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item...NX0HAMS0000&utm_source=Feed&utm_medium=Nextag

Also comes in white.

Shame there is no pinstripes on it like his Jacksons, anyone know how I would go about putting those on if I wanted to add them?

And if anyone has played this, please give us your impressions!
I really wanna get my hands on one of these - I'm asking for it as a graduation present but any personal knowledge of it would be appreciated.

There was some discussion concerning this guitar in some thread I think.

I dunno about the playability etc. but imo it looks butt-fugly with that longer lower wing like all the other US models.

Don't Buy it its A Cheap Model of The LTD normal ALEXI sig the alexi-600 it will be a good Beginers guitar but if you Really want something Good Go for the Edwards or the Real ESP RV's

you can look at this from best to worse
ESP RV-Edwards-LTD-LTD200

RV's are arround the 4000$
Edwards price is arround the 1000 $
LTD 750/1000 $
and the Price of the LTD 200 you already know

I was kinda thinking of getting one, get a guy to do some crazy paint job on it and replace the floyd, tuners, and pickup; cause I definitely don't have the kind of money to afford a "pro" guitar. A.k.a. I don't have 1000$ +

i think it looks like a decent guitar, havnt played it yet, but really want too. I like the price becuase i think the Laiho-600 is a little on the high side, but i really wish there was a Alexi in the $600-700 range, becuase $550 seems a little too cheap

i think it looks like a decent guitar, havnt played it yet, but really want too. I like the price becuase i think the Laiho-600 is a little on the high side, but i really wish there was a Alexi in the $600-700 range, becuase $550 seems a little too cheap

Just FYI, some sites have it available for about 419$

I was kinda thinking of getting one, get a guy to do some crazy paint job on it and replace the floyd, tuners, and pickup; cause I definitely don't have the kind of money to afford a "pro" guitar. A.k.a. I don't have 1000$ +

You're better off just saving until you can get a nice guitar. Hardware isn't the only problem with cheap guitars.

You're better off just saving until you can get a nice guitar. Hardware isn't the only problem with cheap guitars.

I have to say that I'm pretty sick of people bad mouthing guitars because their price tag isn't the size of Mt. Everest. Just because their cheap doesn't mean their bad. For example I own a Jackson JS30RR (300$), draw your own conclusions about that guitar now...............................

Now my experiences with it: decent sound, great playability, looks a little plain but that's just fine, doesn't fall out of tune quickly or a great deal, and is open for configuration. AND there is no obvious or noticeable manufacturing flaws.

I'm not saying that all cheap guitars don't suck, because I've played plenty that do, I'm just saying that you should play the guitar or at least put into consideration that the guitar is at least decent before you bias it based upon the price tag.

This is reasonable but you also should consider... decent paint job, new floyd, tuners, pickup AND the time and money(i.e. travel expense, opportunity cost) it takes to get these things done, it might just add up to that 1000$.

This is reasonable but you also should consider... decent paint job, new floyd, tuners, pickup AND the time and money(i.e. travel expense, opportunity cost) it takes to get these things done, it might just add up to that 1000$.

I could get the paint job for free but other than that, that may be true.

yeah sorry, i saw the price wrong i guess, but i mean its a cool guitar but its only about $100 more then the one i have, and the $1000 Alexi is alot of $$$$ lol

IF a guitar is cheap (below $500) then its obviously not going to be good compared to more expensive ones but that doesn't mean its bad. It may be well suited for begineers or intermediate players

but the JS-30 is pure shit no two ways about it!!!!

I've got 1200 $ CAN , i'm working on buying the Edwards E-AL-128 , i will be an amazing guitar , i actually wouldn't buy the alexi-200 for different reasons.
First , bolt-on neck , with 24 frets , try to get there ;) , also bolt'd on aren't really helping the sound.
I dont like the paintjob and the KINGV style , it should be RR :O
But on the otherhand , i'd like to have that guitar instead of my epiphone SG. The only good thing bout my sg is that i replaced the pickups by tommy iyommi <-- no clue how to write that

the pickups! the wood! the looks! no tremolo!

in fact over here they used to sell as JS-35 with a tremolo but its now discontinued

the only good thing about it is that it has 24 frets

the pickups! the wood! the looks! no tremolo!

in fact over here they used to sell as JS-35 with a tremolo but its now discontinued

the only good thing about it is that it has 24 frets

You don't need a tremelo...you can get a different paint job...you can change pickups, besides I honestly like the tone of the pickups; don't hit me with any "No taste" bullshit.

I'll get this guitar in june and the guy from the musicstore (who knows everything about guitars, he's a damn extreme freak!!!!) tested it at the Musikmesse Frankfurt 2007 and said that this guitar sounds amazing and could take it aup with the alexi l. 600!!! it sounds a bit warmer cause the bolt on neck but the PU sounds very equal and the "noname" floyd takes stays in tune...
i've not enough money to buy the better one's because i've built a 4x12 box with emenince speaker and i go to school , so plz don't say that i shouldn't buy this guitar.
the next thing is that I'll also get it a "lil" bit cheaper and thats the next thing why i gonna buy it