The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

It's melting hot in here. 40° centigrade today. My head feels like a whak-a-mole mole and I got soaked in sweat just by taking a minutes walk at a market.

Did someone say pie?

Last edited by a moderator:
i just found out that one of the most well-known works of verse in italian is translated in english as follows:

“Youth is sweet and well
But doth speed away!
Let who will be gay,
Tomorrow, none can tell.”

Let who will be gay indeed. :rolleyes:

I unwinded last night. REALLY bad.

Was a man enough to leave at the right moment, Ughi was kicked out of the bar 3 hours later.

Open bar is most evil invention in the hospitality industry.

I haven't been that drunk since... a while ago, I don't know...

I did one thing I promised myself not to regret, but I shouldn't have done it anyway... a really good way to end a stable distant relationship, I guess.

Life goes on... if only hangover wasn't that bad :heh:

Sorry you're feeling bad, plinty. Hope you feel better soon, so you can repeat the process. ;)

Assholcohol: The legal (TPTB-sanctioned) and socially acceptable drug of choice for the masses. Brilliant!

Sorry you're feeling bad, plinty. Hope you feel better soon, so you can repeat the process. ;)

Hah!

We got together with Dennis of Raise Hell tonight and made a prank call to Anders Friden in the middle of Swedish night!!!

But that was after like 24 beers... each.

Man, I'm going down the tube :D

All started with an innocent remark about a threesome, but you never know where it's going to when you are hanging out with a Swede...

Come to think of it it hasnt rained here in a while. but it's really windy. Like, really windy.

Anyway, been so busy lately with uni, girlfriend and my band. Played a headlining set two days ago and it went really well despite the drummer and bassist just messing up constantly. Tonight we're playing a shorter supporting set and I'm kinda nervous because there's a few signed bands on the bill and the other local supports are fucking awesome. Anyway, an amusing little vid from the other night...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeU2bn-4o7U

i was watching the other Snow Videos on youtube, i really love your song "Sepia Rain". I want a studio recorded version of that :p

i am not french, and dont live over there so i cant vote. But i would have voted for Royal. I think that Sarkozy is much too conservative.

As I'm leftwing, it's a no-brainer that I would prefer Royal as president of France, but Sarkozy is really creepy, IMHO. He gives the impression of someone who wouldn't mind creating a police state. :ill:

While on the subject, here in Sweden, it seems like a lot of people are surprised that the right-centre coalition they voted for actually are employing right-centre politics. The left bloc would get a clear majority in the parliament if it would be elections now, according to polls. This is when the new government only has been in office for seven months and still have managed to implement a good deal of what they actually promised to do.

While on the subject, here in Sweden, it seems like a lot of people are surprised that the right-centre coalition they voted for actually are employing right-centre politics.

:lol:

Well, you see, in my country this type of surprise would make perfect sense - public spending under Berlusconi was higher than under his left-wing predecessors; and the current left-of-center government is deregulating a number of sectors, which wasn't done by the right in the past. But I reckon that in Sweden the average level of consistency between political colors and actual policies may be higher.

As for Sarkozy, I believe he's alright, eventhough he is not especially exciting (I only listened to one of the debates in full, though, so I may be missing something). I think that the scariness factor has been more or less created by the media in reaction to some less-than-brilliant soundbites of his during the Paris riot. The fact that he would speak before thinking that what he said would be used against him is not very promising, but this still falls under the "not exciting" category rather than the "fascist" one. At least this is my understanding - but I admit that I don't know all there is to know about him.

edit not related to politics: it is probably the reminiscence of kreator records, but i really do not feel well today. it might also have to do with more or less resolving to give a red card to someone who did nothing but be extremely kind and understanding to me in the past six months, which i find horrendously unfair, but self-preservation might be at stake and i really do not know what to do. :erk: i am abysmally annoyed at my own lack of foresight and would like to roll back to the end of january and, well, think.

I've been annoyed by horrendous sneezing since yesterday. Having an allergy is not an option, hope the various plants outside my room realise this soon. Very soon. Like, today.