The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@LBRH: As far as I know, alongside with the climate one of the most mentioned causes for depression (and suicide) is isolation: average population density per square kilometer is quite low in Scandinavia
I think it might also have to do with the fact that Finns are less expressive and more quiet as people. I might be wrong about this since my knowledge of the Finnish culture is limited, but my impression is that they could also feel isolated and lonely due to difficulty to connect*.

*Nokia anyone?

I think it might also have to do with the fact that Finns are less expressive and more quiet as people. I might be wrong about this since my knowledge of the Finnish culture is limited, but my impression is that they could also feel isolated and lonely due to difficulty to connect*.
can be...

but that also exists in Belgium for some people unfortunately :cry:

it's completely unrelated, but my brand-new pay-per-minute internet connection does not recognize this forum as an external site. it's the only instance of this behavior. so i get to surf ultimatemetal for free, for reasons that are entirely unknown to me.

What do you mean by 'external site'?

The general picture (WHO statistic) shows not only high rates for Finland, but also for the Baltic States, for Hungary, Luxembourg, Sri Lanka and for some NIC-states (though maybe not all of the Russian ones are real_suicides).

This report says that the highest rate for teenagers would be amongst Indian girls.

Yeah I guess the poor Indina girls don't want to live a miserable life as being some rich guy's sexual toy :erk: .

I'm surprised Japan is not in around the first, maybe they're doing better now? :) yokatta ne?

I truly believe that weather can certainly affect your mood, for example my mom always get depressed while it rains, while I'm jumping around like a frog with a big smile :) . On the contrary, with sunny days I just feel like doing nothing except waiting for the night when it's cool :) (oh I'm such a vampire :rolleyes: :p ).

What do you mean by 'external site'?

i'm on a very large (actually nationwide) LAN. sites inside the LAN itself are free, provided you have a contract. sites outside the LAN require a payment of 1.50 euros per hour.

So it is now official, Arcturus is no more.

The band made the following statement in the phorum:

Official statement from Arcturus :

A lot of rumours have been going around after our gig in Melbourne. Simen opened the concert with the words "Welcome to the last Arcturus-show ever". This is a decision we made some time ago. We all have a lot of things going on in our carreers and our lives, and therefore can not find the time to continue working with this band.

We are humble and grateful to all the people that have supported and loved us over the years.

Regards,

Steinar Sverd Johnsen
Hellhammer
Simen Haestnes
Knut Magne Valle
Hugh Mingay
Tore Moren

http://www.arcturus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?t=710

I made a poem dedicated to the band:

Arcturus

" Thee was the third brightest of them all,
yet the power to touch
our hearts, minds and souls,
was far more powerful and brighter than anything.

May the Symphony of Harsh Winters ever prevail
whilst dancing a Masquerade so Infernal
that even all The Shams will become true.

May the Shipwrecked Pionneers
join us forever in this
Eternal Infernal Dance on the way
ad astra, for they are
forever yours . "​

Yeah, I used to suffer SAD "Seasonal Affective Disorder" and it is to do with recieving a lack of sunlight... but you can take natural vitamin supplements to help it and also using more powerful watt bulbs around the house. My only problem with that is it's not very good for the environment. Still, bit of sun bedding here and there and you should be fine.

In Canada, vitamin D is added to our milk to help prevent SAD and other problems associated with lack of sunlight.

I just came back from my school talent show... My friend and I played Punish My Heaven, the sound was pretty much fucked because there was no proper sound system, just some fucked up amplifiers. We were going to play another 2 songs (The Hive by In Flames and Conquer All by Behemoth) but they didn't let us, probably because no one liked it, :rolleyes: especially the parents and all. It was fun though.

The GNX4 that I used at the show isn't very good for live performance, just for home use, I should have known.

Clad: I would have liked to see you play Behemoth, especially, in front of the parents. Not that they are my favorite band of those you mentioned (they aren't), but something tells me it would have scared them the most/been the funniest.

/offtopic/addendum: I am not trying to be an attention whore :p. In the words of Curiosity Cosby (google "house of cosbys") "Uuuhhh, this makes me curious" - I would like to know the general consensus about body modification on this board. I know (thanks to the handy dandy demographic thread) that most of you all are older than I but aren't so old as to be offended by that subject. I'm not talking scarification or surface piercings - not a direction I'm interested in going. I'm wondering, does anyone have any tattoos? How about more traditional piercings? (though pierced ears aren't a big deal, especially if you're a female - they're almost a rite of passage now, despite the fact that they are considered body mods)

To answer my own question, I do have a tattoo (and one ear piercing - yawn). It's a green and black nautical star, with a green and black circle around it, on my right upper arm. I've not had it for long (a few months), but have been wanting it since I was a rebellious and young youth. No regret, in fact, I'm still very much in love with it - its why I decided to post....Also, my apologies if this has been brought up before - I've not seen it yet, at least since I've joined. I would feel foolish if it had been spoken of. :ill:

I really really wanted to play Behemoth aswell, but just to stay on the safe side, we played Punish first, cause it's my favorite song.

About the tattoo thing, I'm planning to get one in a while, the one that Bjorn has, it's so awesome.

i only have one piercing, at the top of my ear. (i think there are some pictures were you can see it on my website). I had thought about getting some others, but i dont know what my bf thinks about it, and i am scared of needles so i never asked his opinon and never did an other one :p

Clad: I would have liked to see you play Behemoth, especially, in front of the parents. Not that they are my favorite band of those you mentioned (they aren't), but something tells me it would have scared them the most/been the funniest.

/offtopic/addendum: I am not trying to be an attention whore :p. In the words of Curiosity Cosby (google "house of cosbys") "Uuuhhh, this makes me curious" - I would like to know the general consensus about body modification on this board. I know (thanks to the handy dandy demographic thread) that most of you all are older than I but aren't so old as to be offended by that subject. I'm not talking scarification or surface piercings - not a direction I'm interested in going. I'm wondering, does anyone have any tattoos? How about more traditional piercings? (though pierced ears aren't a big deal, especially if you're a female - they're almost a rite of passage now, despite the fact that they are considered body mods)

To answer my own question, I do have a tattoo (and one ear piercing - yawn). It's a green and black nautical star, with a green and black circle around it, on my right upper arm. I've not had it for long (a few months), but have been wanting it since I was a rebellious and young youth. No regret, in fact, I'm still very much in love with it - its why I decided to post....Also, my apologies if this has been brought up before - I've not seen it yet, at least since I've joined. I would feel foolish if it had been spoken of. :ill:

Search for the tattoo thread on this forum. Its hasnt been bumped for quite a while, thats why you havent seen it.

Ive had my 2 tattoos for more than 4 years now, and now I want something a lot bigger (covering my whole arm probably). But the guy who tattooed me is on Canary Islands now, and Im afraid to try someone else, because Ive seen some really fucked-up work from the certified studios, which are expensive as hell.

But the guy who tattooed me is on Canary Islands now, and Im afraid to try someone else, because Ive seen some really fucked-up work from the certified studios, which are expensive as hell.

Word.

Years after I've got my first, I stopped by the tattoo shop to see the same guy; he remembererd me from the first second, and even which tattoo I wanted :) So, the guy is still in business, meaning he's been constantly tattooing people for last three years (and years before that) - he's the one I'd recommend to anyone. And the job he did - I'm still amazed how many details he kept, even years after when tattoo supposed to fade away most of them are clear.

Real shame that they cranked the prices up and tattoos are subject to taxation now (extra 6-7%), and I don't have tattoo money in my budget at the moment :Smug: And no way in hell I'm doing it before summer.