The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

with a car, i could be at the university in about 10 min (yay for the freeway).
Now it takes me 30 min with the tramway and the bus. :Smug:

I'm back from a kickass weekend. I was in Jonquière (7 hours from my hometown) for three days, where I participated to the 21eme Festival intercollégial de théâtre. The English translation for this event would be three days of debauchery, alcohol, beautiful women who all share the passion of theatre and no sleep. I partied like never before and truly, it is the most memorable event of my life until now. It will probably be dethroned by Greece in July but until then, yeeha. Pictures of the aforementioned event are coming in a couple of days.

@kov: well, congrats for getting the job in the first place. and nevermind the car, it's not going to be such a huge problem once you get used to it.

Seconded. Get something fuel efficient. I wouldn't recommend a hybrid (over-rated and no long term data for them), but maybe something foreign. Anything you have in mind? (I am a car enthusiast, but not an expert...).

Welcome back, RampageSword. Glad you had a kick ass weekend. :kickass:

It seems there's an open spot, then :D

Doing something you'd probably hate, most likely for less pay!

In all seriousness, though, what are you currently looking at?

And thanks to all for the well-wishes and advice. Her brother might actually give us his old jeep, so while it would lack some in fuel efficiency, I won't get stuck if any bad weather hits, especially out on muddy job sites. That, and it wouldn't cost us much, if anything.

And eventually I will take pics once I'm up there.

~kov.

Im about to go to work, but thought I'd stop by to say the weather's been proper nice around here lately and I am really enjoying fiction. good times with GF, good times at uni. Still feeling down now and then, but that can't really be helped, I just ride it out and try not to be a pest to anyone.

And thanks to all for the well-wishes and advice. Her brother might actually give us his old jeep, so while it would lack some in fuel efficiency, I won't get stuck if any bad weather hits, especially out on muddy job sites. That, and it wouldn't cost us much, if anything.

And eventually I will take pics once I'm up there.

~kov.

Well, depending on the model and year, you'll be looking at between 18-22 MPG. Not terrible, not great, but for the type of vehicle, it isn't bad. They are incredibly versatile and can handle just about anything. OK, I'll stop. I don't mean to baby or condescend. Obviously you're an adult and definitely older than I. I just wanna help, not be a tool. (whoops, too late)

Also, do take pics. New England is usually beautiful in the spring and fall.

Ive just seen the best football match in years. ManU - Ac Milan.. Imo the 3:2 was well deserved, too. What a great collection of great passes, great technical moments and great goals. Rarely a moment of bore.. just 92 minutes of greatness. That's the stuff the Champion's League is made of!
Yes I know, ManU is a richass club, but if it breeds footie like that... Im all for it!
Hail to great football! :worship:

@tal: watched the game too - a bit unhappy with the result, but i must concur with you on the fact that it was well-played. it slowed down slightly between 55' and 70', but all in all i can't remember such an entertaining match since Euro98.

I think it was good of Pope Benedict XVI when he said/wrote,
now a person can go to heaven even if they are not baptized.
Not sure but the church said this was not possible for hundreds if not thousands of years?
Change is good

As for me I don't believe there is a heaven or hell -

I think it was good of Pope Benedict XVI when he said/wrote,
now a person can go to heaven even if they are not baptized.
Not sure but the church said this was not possible for hundreds if not thousands of years?
Change is good

As for me I don't believe there is a heaven or hell -

:lol: that saying actually looks like all the religion was created by people and that god never existed...
It made me laugh when i heard that, as i dont believe in god/heaven/hell and all that stuff

^ :lol: yeah, and they also said that purgatory doesn't exist :lol: .

Dman the Catholic church is quite desperate to get some new followers :lol: .

So, I've been away for a while. Arch, did you ever do that members photo page?

No, not yet.
:danceboy: I'll get to it after he stops dancing.