The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

Your gym is open today? Lucky, lucky man.

I'll try to work now, but I don't anticipate groundbreaking successes.

I want beers, but everything is closed. Meh.

Yep, gyms are open until 21:00 today. I might still go. But then I might not. :(

I still have two cans of Guinness in my fridge. They'll be standing there until doomsday, since I will only open them on a special happy occasion. :lol:

They'll be standing there until doomsday, since I will only open them on a special happy occasion. :lol:

Kind of like my trip to Vienna? :lol:

Oh, and since I unleashed Bruni on you, I feel compelled to offer a partial remedy and add the only piece of information that is maybe worth knowing (and my friends never mention, because they're obsessed with her sex life): three or four of the songs on her 2003 record are worth listening to, if you're into folksy guitar-and-vocals things.

Well, yes, I like that sort of thing actually. I am not interested in her sex life whatsoever. Really! :p

Today was a waste, since now it's already dark outside. I don't do professional work in the dark, only personal one (sounds very enigmatic, doesn't it?). Well, at least I got a start. Some people say that is the most difficult thing. I tend to agree, because the threshold level to get yourself to work is a bit lower when there's already a document with some sentences inside.

I don't do professional work in the dark, only personal one (sounds very enigmatic, doesn't it?).
Then depending on how much you really want to work, you can migrate north or south each time. Neat!

Happy new year to everyone!

This is really really weird and i wish i could find a clever line to associate it with Pratchett's Mort, but as soon as the new year kicked in i was taken over by a feeling of gloom which still hasn't left me. Happy new year, indeed..

This is really really weird and i wish i could find a clever line to associate it with Pratchett's Mort, but as soon as the new year kicked in i was taken over by a feeling of gloom which still hasn't left me.

Oh, that explains the other post, where you sound just a little bit annoyed :p
By the way, since this is the chat thread, i can ask you here...1700 km from Greece to?

Happy new year Siren and yes, The Particle Storm is Fiction's best, I agree.

@Outthere: Which post did i sound annoyed in? Cause i'm totally not annoyed. :p
I went to Italy to see DT, i went to 3 of the shows in the mini Italian tour in 2003. So 1700 is a mere crappy approximation.

@Outthere: Which post did i sound annoyed in? Cause i'm totally not annoyed. :p
I went to Italy to see DT, i went to 3 of the shows in the mini Italian tour in 2003. So 1700 is a mere crappy approximation.

...I am a Siren for Dark's sake, i dont listen to bad cd, nor bad songs or albums, and "how many times do i have to repeat myself?". And by all means,you re right, you dont memorize each and every post of the forum :p

To italy, in 2003, back where my band mates thought DT to be boring, and i didnt even listen to a single song, I was just..."blind in belonging" *ashamed*

Is the Metal Observer the best reviews source on the web? Metal Archives is not accurate (they publish everything), Metalstorm lacks bandpower, and that's pretty much it. I wont dare opening a new thread EVER, i d appreciate some feedback here.

:kickass:

...I am a Siren for Dark's sake, i dont listen to bad cd, nor bad songs or albums, and "how many times do i have to repeat myself?". And by all means,you re right, you dont memorize each and every post of the forum :p
Oh. That wasn't me being annoyed. That was me being bitchy as usual. :p

Celebrated New Year in concert - Gogol Bordello over New York City.

Bathed in champagne.

Watched Futurama till 7 AM.

2007 was the best :)

Is the Metal Observer the best reviews source on the web? Metal Archives is not accurate (they publish everything), Metalstorm lacks bandpower, and that's pretty much it. I wont dare opening a new thread EVER, i d appreciate some feedback here.

Metal Observer is a good source, you can also have a look at metalreview which I find very convenient and complete.

I do enjoy Metal-Archives because of the variety of reviews available. It's interesting to hear actual listeners' opinions from time to time, even if they're not as well-versed as professional critics and reviewers.

Well, now I called my broadband company and apparently all was well,
ended up upgrading my connection to 24MB and saving 100kr/month.
Also upgraded my digital tv to include the movie channels :) Costs 50kr
more than the normal digital tv, so it's ok.

Metal Observer is a good source, you can also have a look at metalreview which I find very convenient and complete.

I do enjoy Metal-Archives because of the variety of reviews available. It's interesting to hear actual listeners' opinions from time to time, even if they're not as well-versed as professional critics and reviewers.

My personal favorite review site is: http://www.globaldomination.se/

They put a lot of vulgar humor into their reviews:headbang:

Thanks to both for the suggestions, and i ve to say i m very pleased you, RampageSword, listed Emission Phase into the best albums of the year. It's gothenburg even if it's from holland, same thing i can say for www.Dawnoftears.com (Spain) which kicks major ass, and i ll keep spamming this on every website on the net until they reach the popularity they deserve :p

Dawn of Tears is nice but I feel they still have some work to do on their songwriting. The riffs sometime sound either forced or just too generic for me. Detonation on the other hand have finally managed to develop their own sound and it's just awesome. Their latest album is just of a higher level than their earlier work. I mean, An Epic Defiance though very nice was almost solely a drum blasting fest and Portals to Uphobia was very inconsistent in musicality. Now, they've managed to get their act together and offer us something a lot more complete and accomplished.

About spamming bands, do not worry, I have done the same about uneXpect and Apokatastasia

Suwat, thank i know, i ve already infected your page as well.

UneXpect, from Canada right? Yeah, i like em, they re weird in a nice way. I gotta check out the other band, following a friend's suggestion is the best way to discover new bands ;)

Detonation has more experience and a heavier approach, but in my opinion, it's not melodically jaw dropping as DoT songs like "Bleeding Away" or "Blood on Verona". I agree on you about songwriting and originality, no doubt about that, but consider the potential, it's their debut album.

Suwat, thank i know, i ve already infected your page as well.

UneXpect, from Canada right? Yeah, i like em, they re weird in a nice way. I gotta check out the other band, following a friend's suggestion is the best way to discover new bands ;)

Detonation has more experience and a heavier approach, but in my opinion, it's not melodically jaw dropping as DoT songs like "Bleeding Away" or "Blood on Verona". I agree on you about songwriting and originality, no doubt about that, but consider the potential, it's their debut album.

I know but I've seen to many bands relying solely on melody. When I listen to these guys it's always different, yet the same...But yes, if they manage to stand out and make their own music, not just melodeath, Dawn of Tears can become an interesting band.

Also melody has never been the driving force in my favorite metal. Just being melodic doesn't do it for me. I have very eclectic tastes and I tend to enjoy more passionate or experimental bands, like Dissection and Primordial or uneXpect and Thee Maldoror Kollective.

Also melody has never been the driving force in my favorite metal. Just being melodic doesn't do it for me. I have very eclectic tastes and I tend to enjoy more passionate or experimental bands, like Dissection and Primordial or uneXpect and Thee Maldoror Kollective.

Taste is taste, i cant enjoy Opeth and they re a legend, it's just me and i m aware of it. Out of curiosity, do you like Between The Buried and Me? In case you dont know them, yes, they re from USA, and no, they are not metalcore but amazing progressive stuff.