The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

To be fair, I find asking for apologies on the Internet a very silly thing to do. But, Jesus Christ, first of all I had no idea that was the plan (or that there was a plan) until I read about it because I don't read minds, and second if I were to write down all the things I find silly in this thread only I'd be at it all night and you'll all eventually broke down and cry bitter tears of shame because I'm clearly infallible and it's certainly not possible for something I think is silly to be anything but that, oh hell no.

The Forum Committee has decided that starting tomorrow anyone with a reference to Hugh Laurie in avatar or signature has to post a limerick or a haiku to him in addition to every new message.
Best. Forumcommitteemeeting. EVER. I shall fetch my thesaurus.

What the hell just happened? I don't show on the forum for less than 24 hours and all of a sudden it's warfare and now silent (I think) again.

Well whatever happened, I consider my implication minimal or even nonexistent regarding the above argument. I would also want to point out that my attempt at short word writing was only influenced by my intellectual curiosity and interest in constrained writing. At the time, I was aware of hyena's vocabulary strike and her request for excuses but I did nothing of it, figuring it was none of my business. I simply jumped on the occasion to do something that seemed amusing.

@siren: here is who she talks about, she says: "you are the (guy on the right) to my (guy on the left)", in the vein of "you are the sun to my moon" or stuff.
Oh, thanks! I knew them as Fat and Thin, so i was lost.

Sure you can! After all, in all likelihood season four will be over by Feb. 5.
What?!? What do you mean? Why? Please tell me you're joking.

@Siren: This pertains to the afforementioned Writer's Guild strike Rahvin was protesting. Sometimes episodes are completed as earlier episodes (technically they are "current", I suppose) are ran, there is a finite queue. Since the show requires writers for generally anything and everything, no new episodes can be made until the strike is up.

In America, at least, Fox (and NBC who has a part in producing House, I believe) decided to run out the episodes until all the new ones are gone. They will then either end the season or run it in a few months after new episodes are made. The probability is for this season to end.

Its quite distressing if you're an American TV fan. I missed the Daily Show and the Colbert Report too.

Precisely. As someone with more than a passing interest in narration techniques in movies and television, I fear - as I mentioned earlier - more for the continuity of plot lines than I (think I will) suffer from withdrawal syndrome in the next few months. To clarify, it wouldn't have bugged me that much if some network had decided beforehand to produce shorter seasons of certain TV shows (12 episodes instead of 24, for instance, were exactly what was intended for Lost this year -- except now they're not even sure they can air that many), but the forced interruption of the creative process of the many writer-producers who supervise the storylines encompassing more episodes is worrisome: assuming there will be no new episodes this season, when all these shows will be picked up again in September (there will be no cancellations this year, as there are next to no new project in production -- in fact, ABC, Fox, CBS and WB have fired most of their writers by now) it's going to be total chaos. They'll have to wrap up the loose ends of plots that were meant to last all year this year and offer new material to keep the newly-employed writers working. Furthermore, people's memory is notoriously short and many shows rely on weekly airings to keep the viewers' attention fixed on the latest cliffhanger, big revelation and threat looming over the horizon. Once this connection has disappeared for what is basically three times the normal hiatus, I'm afraid several programs will have to re-build their target audience almost from scratch. This is going to be harder to face for shows featuring an arching plot that spans the whole season than for those that replicate a formula in each new episode. While House technically belongs to the latter group, its writers seem to have been struggling with providing decent medium-length stories since season one, and I wonder whether this forced break will push their efforts back somehow.

This is a good place to read about the strike with opinions from both sides of the fence.

heh...i just noticed that rahvin edited the title of this thread...

all i have to say today is that women gynecologists are awfully not sympathetic at all.... she probabily had her period :D

It is done and I finally have plenty of time for doing nothing again which is my favorite hobby and this makes me feel like getting drunk tonight which I will.

all i have to say today is that women gynecologists are awfully not sympathetic at all.... she probabily had her period :D
Maybe it was that particular one.. Apart from some insistence on things that have no contact with reality whatsoever, i haven't had any problems with women gynos so far. But then i haven't gone to male ones, so i lack the data for comparisons.

Maybe it was that particular one.. Apart from some insistence on things that have no contact with reality whatsoever, i haven't had any problems with women gynos so far. But then i haven't gone to male ones, so i lack the data for comparisons.

i went to another woman once and she was also annoying... but the men werent...

thats a lot of change, i have been to 3 different gynecos, one in each city where i lived