The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@Matse: I'm fine, thank you for asking. *curtsey* :p Enjoy school when you get back to it (already there, fun times, I guess). The concert season hasn't started yet, don't be discouraged. I mean, its stupid (but good) luck that there were three announcements in one day for some good bands. Remember, you are in Europe, the mother to much good music - karma will bring bands back around your way. Or something like that. :p

Also, gummy bears are awesome. Diabetes!

@Siren: I'm sure in the near future everyone will be sued for buying stuff that isn't music. Hope you had a good time though.

@Rampage: Wow, a thespian are you? Sounds excellent. What play are you directing (I did theater design in high school, I helped build an excellent set [for a high school budget] for a Midsummer Night's Dream)?

As for me, today was kind of boring. Friday at uni means everybody goes home, so none of my friends are around. Plus I don't have to work until Saturday morning, so I am now relaxing. Quite enjoyable, for a change :p. But boring too...

@DOC: Sue me! :p Damn, i'm so sleepy. Surprising, as it's still 2am. Need caffeine overload... sigh.

@DOC: melatonin is kinda welcome right now. the last two days i couldn't tell if it was night or day anymore. :p

Maybe after next year (which ends summer 2009) I will be able to do some travelling since I will be earning money for at least 9 months starting in July or August. And then I should be able to decide what I want to study, maybe I will just open a poll here since I know I can trust you to only give me the best advice that will suit my every need. :lol:

you will be doing civil service, right?

you should really think about what you want to study during that time... that also means you have to think about yourself (what do i like; what are my strenghts/weaknesses; am i ready to study something that is difficult for me because it interests me, even if i have to work a lot to succeed...).

I didnt do all that after school, i was just lazy during my exchange year....
i failed the entrence exam for what i wanted to study and didnt think about anything else i could study in case i failed because i was so sure i would be accepted... then i lost 2 years trying to find what i really wanted to study :loco: .
I didnt thing about what i mentionned in the paragraph above because somehow i find it hard to think about myself (lots of things I dont want to see/admit probabily), and i regret it...

i started the 3rd thing this semester, it is what i want to do, but very hard because i was never good with maths, and i had mostly learnt languages at school...

Good luck with your decision, i hope you will find the right subject. :kickass:

As for me, today was kind of boring. Friday at uni means everybody goes home, so none of my friends are around. Plus I don't have to work until Saturday morning, so I am now relaxing. Quite enjoyable, for a change :p. But boring too...

I'm the same, you only really appreciate free time when you lose it! I've recently been trying to learn to do random bits and bobs, but I have the attention span of a fruit fly so therefore, my knitting and bread making have gone all awry so far! but never mind, we try, we try

@Siren: I hope you got some decent rest for a change. It is the weekend - no better excuse to sleep in than that. I had to work this morning, so I'm a little grumpy because I never got back to sleep. But then again, I did pick the shift. I can only blame myself. :p

@Kittie: Absolutely. I'd rather have nothing to do but to go to work and catch up on my recreational reading (and of course, spend many hours wasting away on the internet). I'm enjoying this while I can, finals are only three months away! :p

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=SQKbHBqDwSI]Anonymous Press Release[/ame]
Is it just me or have these guys seen Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
one too many times or V For Vendetta for that matter?
Anyways, good luck to them.

@Siren: You get no day for rest at all? I mean, I understand you're very busy, but there has to be a day where you don't have to work at some point. Right? What kind of horrible idea is that? :p

@Rampy: That's really cool. I'm unfamiliar with that production but I did, at least, look it up online and read about it. Sounds awesome. Break a leg.

@Kittie: Right now I am an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing. I want to write, first and foremost, but not full time - its very hard to make a career as solely a novelist or especially a poet unless you really tap into something good. Its not impossible, just not something I want my future to solely depend on. In light of that, I either want to eventually get my doctorate and become a professor, or get into the editorial field for a publication that I'm interested in. Ideally. :p

@Sal: From what I understand, Anonymous has been doing relatively well. Not that I know about that kind of thing....

@DOC: Right now it's not exactly like that. It's more like 7days/week rest, but with an awful amount of work that needs to be done. And exams don't care if it was weekend or not. :erk: On other news, my buddy is joining the army tomorrow and i'll miss him. :(

@Sal: So far, its been an awesome success in Sydney, OK in Melborne, absolute fail in New Zealand, and from what I've heard London has a lot of numbers but is failing at protesting. American protests don't start for another hour or so, on the east coast. I think Scientology is a corrupt corporation that really shouldn't qualify as a religion in the eyes of any government. To each his/her own when it comes to what anybody wants to believe in, I just don't think anyone (or corporation) should get rich off of it.

@Siren: Good luck getting done what you have to. I think everybody's been there at least a few times. Sorry to hear about your friend! Best of luck to him.

I have a new second favourite smiley:
gfgfd_by_tgrillo.gif

from deviantart.com by tgrillo

They broke into my car last night and stole some stuff. That's what I get from parking on the street. I find that when these things happen the consequence that annoys me the most is I'm a little nervous about leaving my car for the following weeks. Of course lightning does not strike twice, especially if it's human-driven lightning aware of the implications of its actions, but I remain uneasy, which is the greatest loss (since I won't miss and/or replace what was taken, and the insurance will pay for the damage to the car).