The New Isis

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
What does everyone think that has heard it? Its leaked, and being a anxious bastard with loose morals, I downloaded it already.

For me the album is a bit of a paradox:I like the mellower direction they are going, but I still prefer the heaviness of Oceanic. How does everyone else feel?

speed said:
For me the album is a bit of a paradox:I like the mellower direction they are going, but I still prefer the heaviness of Oceanic. How does everyone else feel?
Don't tell me Isis is getting mellower. With Neurosis going into un-heavy territory, I need someone to keep "da heavy".

overmars?
they have very amusing stickers with puppies and suchlike on them

must check them out, sounds like my kind of thing

I'm quite sad today
I'm a huge nuerosis fan, and after liking the latest album quite a bit on first plays
I gave it a rest for a few weeks and put it on today
it actually totally bored me to listen to it, I'm hoping its a mood thing and it'll click in next time, but I didn't get any of the usual intensity from it at all, I mean I like a lot of stuff that isn't at all heavy, maybe I just need them to be
anyone else disapointed?

I was disappointed with A Sun That Never Sets big time, especially after Times of Grace, which is easily one of the finest masterpieces ever released. Eye of Every Storm is better than ASTNS, but is not even close to ToG, Through SIlver in Blood or SOuls at Zero.

You know I still really like Eyes of Fire's new album. Its heavy, emotional, just not all that original or creative, but it is a damn good album.

speed said:
You know I still really like Eyes of Fire's new album. Its heavy, emotional, just not all that original or creative, but it is a damn good album.
SEE Mindrot

Yead Mindrot was damn good- i have Soul, Dawning, and their demo- but I like the potential of their new incarnation of Eyes of Fire,theyve just got to work on their soundwriting, its so repetitive.

So far I'm excited about the new Isis, but I need some more time to wrap my mind/ears completely around it. It will be one fierce mohter fucker to top Oceanic.

Could someone tell me wtf Isis sounds like? I've been curious about that Oceanic release since last year but the only thing I've been able to gather is "it's good."

BSW if you say STFN then I say STFU. :loco:

Adrian said:
Could someone tell me wtf Isis sounds like? I've been curious about that Oceanic release since last year but the only thing I've been able to gather is "it's good."

BSW if you say STFN then I say STFU. :loco:
post-core

munch.scream.jpg