The New Isis

after two listens, it's official. Panopticon is a masterfully brilliant album. I like this more than Oceanic. Finally, a 2004 album that blew me away, and there is so much more to the album that subsequent listens will reveal.

To you hardcore-vocals-suck wimps, the new Isis has very little hardcore vocals, as most of the album is instrumental, and they also added clean vocals

Yeah after a three week abscence of listening to it, i put it back on last week, and liked it much much more than before. Its still no Oceanic though- in my opinion of course.

I've been listening to this album fairly extensively, it sounds carefully constructed and boundless in scope, and most of the songs are mesmerizing...a definite best of 2004 contender. For once, the term post-hardcore is entirely accurate...

Terrorizer's Album of the Month for #124 getting a 9.5

Any of you that have not bought Panopticon, well, I seriously feel sorry for you.

Cult of Luna and COnverge both got a 9. Mare got a 9. The Haunted got a 7. Lamb of GOd got 8.5. Red Harvest got 7.5. Hey NAD, Rwake got 8.

Fuck everything else this year, grow a sac and get Panopticon.

Panopticon is damn near better than Oceanic.

I'm also going to give another shout out about the new Converge and Mare. THE SHIT!!!

You guys really need to start reading Decibel Magazine. They feature a lot of the same bands as Terrorizer, but you can read about them a month or three earlier. Because its a US mag. www.decibelmagazine.com

Fuck me, I'm only on track 3 but this is probably the best album I've heard all year. I'm not digging the drums very much though, the snare is too loud.

Nate The Great said:
One Inch Penis: Did you know Tool's bass player plays on one of the songs on the new Isis?
I do now! Pretty cool.
J. said:
You people need to listen to me more often. :Smug:
...did anybody hear something? :tickled:

FUCK! These dudes played a show 20 minutes away from me 3 days ago. D'OH! Hmm, they're playing in Ventura tonight that's a little far but I might go anyhow.

Isis is looking to be the next big thing, IMO. We're not talking major label, but I think a band like Tool might take them on tour in the near future. That's big for an underground band like Isis.