The New Meshuggah - obZen

Actually I think they're recording the same album since... Chaosphere maybe.

Wow, have you even listened to anything since chaosphere? Or are you just deaf? "Nothing" is ridiculously far removed from Chaosphere, and the ones after don't sound like either. GL finding a song that sounds like Pravus or Combustion on anything else they've ever done.

I listened to some tracks of obZen and I have to say that Meshuggah still does nothing for me. I remember trying to listen to the album "I" and I couldn't get into it at all. I hear the chugging riffs and the polyrythms and I can respect the musicians, It just doesn't grab me. Everytime I try to give Meshuggah a listen thinking that it will be the time I understand what everyone means when they say "MESHUGGAH!!!" it just falls short. I'll just stick to Cynic and others for my technical metal.

so i just bought obzen and im listening to it right now...

holy fuck, this crushes catch 33 easily and im just on the 3rd song.... hopefully the rest of the songs will be as kick ass as the first three.

I've given it a few listens, and it doesn't really make me excited. I agree with Brooks that it won't be my choice when I need a Meshuggah fix. Well said. Not bad, but not immediately a winner for me. It might grow on me. We'll see.

the more i listen to this disc the faster it becomes my favorite meshuggah disc. i think they improve with each release. they need to release a dvd.