The new Nightingale album!

Hello all
i found "Invisible", simply AWESOME

i have some comments though...
when i listened nightingale for first time (The Dreamreader was my 1st song), i found it awesome, very original and stuff... i really liked nightingale, with those sad, cloudy moods... then came "I", and it was a truly masterpiece... sad, dark, atmospheric... really cool album... then "Alive Again", it was really cool, some new sound to nightingale...

now, i listen the song "Invisible", and if i didn't know that was nightingale the sound that my stereo was playing, i would really think that is every other band but nightingale... the album is great, don't misunderstand me, but i really miss the dark cloudy mood that Dan made so great in the 3 first albums...

Anyway, great album... great great great album!!!!
Fave Song: Stalingrad

Oh damn, I hope that I will still get a copy :-( (I ordered it on October 19th, but the bank guy fucked something up so the money transfer delayed)

Some quick random questions.

1. I ordered Invisible from The End. They sent me an email confirming my order the same day. I never heard back from them. Does that mean they've shipped the CD already?

2. The 'darkness' factor of the album is kinda important to me. Even though Dan said Alive Again is the best Nightingale album, I beg to differ. I love the album to end, and look forward to the "Eternal" vibe he's going to explore on the Second Sky disc, but to me the album sounds a bit too hard rock-ish compared to I and especially The Closing Chronicles. Since the first one wasn't a prog release, I am excluding that one, but I still think both TCC and I are by far the best Nightingale discs. They're darker and more prog-rock oriented, while Alive Again is more straightforward, with some happy-like solos.

So the question is, is Invisible another record in the vein of Alive Again? Any "Eternal" like prog epics on it?

I hope Dan goes back to his Closing Chronicles meets Emotional Wasteland stuff in one of his future projects.

Stalingrad is probably the closest you'll get to Eternal on the album. The opening to the track is absolutely beautiful with Dan's vocals and some strings in the background, then it moves to a much faster pace. I have to say that the solo's on Stalingrad are simply awesome, great work guys!

Mezarkabul: That does not bode well. When Black Mark shipped mine, they sent me an e-mail saying they did.

Just got my copy on friday...listened to it in my car during the weekend...
amazing!
the greatest thing on the album was Dan's vocals!
My god, the power and emotion in them...and the end of Stalingrad, the powerful vocals...I got shivers down my spine!

thanks for yet another truly amazing album!

cenzu said:
the greatest thing on the album was Dan's vocals!
My god, the power and emotion in them...and the end of Stalingrad, the powerful vocals...I got shivers down my spine!

thanks for yet another truly amazing album!

I've still only heard Still Alive, but FUCK YES! You're entirely right! The vocals are great :) I don't know how I ever thought they were cheesy.

Woohooo, I finally got it today and listened to it about 2 or 3 times. :tickled:
All I can say that I like it very much so far, and my favourite tracks are: Invisible, Atlantis Rising, Misery (I hear a slight Bad Religion influence here! Really cool! Don´t know If I´m the only one who thinks so :D) and Stalingrad, but every song is very nice and I am sure it will take some more listenings until Invisible really shows its full potential.
Dan´s vocals are awesome as usual, I also like Erik´s Part very much, well done!
:cool:

Got mine last week, just a couple of days after my relationship ended. Could not get all the way through the second track. Just had to take it out...

Must be feeling better already, have been listening to it all day today. Very impressed by the vocals, they just seem to be getting better!

After listening to the album a bunch of times i can say that i like it a lot, i'm a fan of modern hard rock (Harem Scarem rules!) but i'm mainly a prog guy, this album is very catchy and easy to get into, my fav tracks at the moment are Stalingrad, A raincheck on my demise and Atlantis rising ... of course Dan's voice is the most amazing thing as usual, emotive and expressive ... backing vocals are really good, i kinda hated tom nouga's lead work (sorry dude!) on alive again but on this album he keeps it simple and melodic ... the sound quality is the best ever! congrats!

To be honest I think that it's a bad album. I can't get into any of the riffs, I abhor most of the backing vocals and the lyrics, from what I can understand without reading them, are pretty awful. I just get a happy-in-a-bad-way feel from the music, it's kinda weird. One Of The Lonely Ones is basically the only song, well maybe with Still Alive, that I get anything out of, but even Lonely Ones gets bad because of the chorus. I guess it's kind of useless to start elaborating what exact parts make not like the album, on the whole it's just not really that good to me. Dan's vocals are mostly pretty good, or at least I can't find anything bad to say about them. Doesn't help much since the lyrics don't get me in any way.
All in all quite a let down after Alive Again.
You know, AlexGuiness, I had to stop listening after the title track the first time around as well. :p