The new Nightingale album!

I got my credit card, finally! SO HAPPY!
I ordered Invisible and The Breathing Shadow today, rounding out my Nightingale collection nicely. Now I'll just have to grab The Closing Chronicles sometime. Then, on to Unicorn!!! Ahhh :)

Woohoo! It came! I'll post thoughts after a few listens :D
IM SO HAPPY!!

EDIT: I should comment on the artwork and say how awesome it is.

Well,
Living in Belgium, seen Nightingale last year at ProgPower at Baarlo and now finally got my copy of Invisible and I fucking love it ! Just like a dream coming true... Everything is just great, vocals, guitarsolo's, and I especially like the diversity of the album. And offcourse the fact that Erik Oskarsson sings along, just perfect !
I read somewhere that you guys will do a short European tour in April next year. I'm pretty sure you'll visit Baarlo again ( 22 April 2005 ), but is there a chance you'll come over to Belgium ?
By the way, congrats to Dan for the new Bloodbath as well ! Hope to hear more from you guys in the future. Pretty curious about Second Sky too...

www.solifugia.be

Okay, after about 4 listens all I can say is this album is absolutely awesome. There is not a single track that I dislike, the vocals, lyrics, music is all excellent. My #2 album of this year, but that could change to #1 with a few more listens. Favourites off the album are "Atlantis Rising", "The Wake" and "Stalingrad".

Awesome stuff guys, it's blown me away :)

Now that I've listened to the CD about twice a day since I got it a week or two ago, I'm ready to make a review. Here is the best track-order-of-awesomeness I can muster.

Best Track

Atlantis Rising - Best song on the album, musically and overall. I love the lyrics: "All my life I've had this feeling that I'm not really home and it feels like I'm lost forever" - and the break section that follows! Put this track on the Top 5 all time list for Nightingale.

Best of the Rest - These are tough to rank.....

Misery - This comes in #2 for me, though it's a close call with a couple other tracks that follow. I just love how, musically, this is the most up-tempo and joyous song on the album - but has those wonderfully dark lyrics that are, to me, what Nightingale should always be about. Awesome! I also love the varied rythem sections.

The Wake - This song grew on me more so than any other song on the album. I hardly noticed it the first few listens, but it ended up being one of my favorites. Cool lyrics, written by Maxus Widar. Who is that?? Dan's voice is beautiful on this track.

Stalingrad - I love all the sections where a keyboard is used in any way. Hehe. The beginning reminds me of "Intermezzo" off Closing Chronicles. After reading what Dan said above, I'm going to have to find that movie.

To The End - What stands out about this track is the unique Nightclub-like intro it has - if that makes sense. It has a bit of a refreshing swagger, and seems to rock surprisingly hard when the rythem comes back in after a final lyric such as: "I will be myself, to the very end" ----> "Coming back here is like coming back to life...."

Invisible - Catchiest track of the album. That chorus never leaves my head, and this ends up being a good thing. :)

A Raincheck on my Demise - I love the song structure throughout, two basic parts to the song alternated in sequence. They go together beautifully. Love how the keyboards are brought in!

A Step Down

One of the Lonely Ones - Pretty good song. I never skip over it. It is similar to Raincheck in that it has two basic parts. I love the part that was available in the teaser: "Never believed that they were real, just a fable." But the other part does not go well at all, in my opinion. It has a jerk-around feel. Still a good song overall, but it could have been better.

World's Apart - I have no specific complaints for this song, It just simply doesn't have the magic and power that the other songs have. It's kinda cool, though.

Still Alive - Those of you that have still only heard this track will be happy to know it's the weakest track on the CD. This song sounds so average compared to the others, in my opinion. I often start the CD on track 2 and let it play out from there. The lyrics are lame. The music is dime-a-dozen sounding. Erik's part "Shattering the earth...." makes it sound like it's trying to be too standard prog-rock, as opposed to the badass unique and unbeatable Nightingale band. \m/

Well, that's it. It's been a spiritual experience listening to this CD over and over for however long it's been now, as it is *every* time a new Nightingale is released. This album is as good as the others. And like the others, it has it's own unique mark and feel. I haven't decided where to rank it yet, but does it really matter? :worship:

OMG, it's the leper infesting the forum :) It's been a strange journey to listen to the new Nightingale, as you folks probably understand... just wanted to add to the positives here; I think this is the best Nightingale effort yet. Oh well, maybe I'd choose The Breathing Shadow under a gun threat, but that's kind of a 'different' Nightingale. "Stalingrad" (Moog me baby!) and "Atlantis Rising" stand out as the best songs. Dan's vocals are amazing. Isn't it strange how it takes a different perspective to fully appreciate some things...

D: Schysst annons i dagens NA... ni framstår ju som riktigt finkulturella! :loco:

I'm all eyes....looking and absorbing...it's great to see that the majority of people enjoy most of the album and not just tracks here and there...I like all the tracks, otherwise they wouldn't have been on the album. The "fave" tracks differ from day to day, some sound better live than on the album and the other way around...

Has "Invisible" been released in Germany already?

Although I knew about Nightingale for quite some now, I only had the song "Shadowman" on my hard-drive since it was put online as a teaser for Alive Again.

This monday I finally bought Alive Again, and damn, I really have been missing out on some great music. So far my "Swanö collection" consisted only of the metal stuff (Moontower, Edge of Sanity, Bloodbath, some Pan-Thy-Monium).

Nightingale is like a whole new world to explore...:worship:

But the good thing is: It won't be so hard for me to wait for "Invisible"... because I just ordered "The breathing shadow", "The closing chronicles" and "I" this morning...:tickled:

Wow, you're gonna be busy for a long time, horseman. Hehe. I have been addicted to each Nightingale CD as it was released. I can't imagine suddenly having all of them at once for the first time and having to sort through them!

Dan Swanö said:
I'm all eyes....looking and absorbing...it's great to see that the majority of people enjoy most of the album and not just tracks here and there...I like all the tracks, otherwise they wouldn't have been on the album. The "fave" tracks differ from day to day, some sound better live than on the album and the other way around...

I can only agree:D

Hi guys there. i'm new into Nightingale. I discovered recently Dan's work with Crimson and was amazed by the whole thing and especially by Dan's clean voice.

I found a link to download "still alive" and loved it.

I just ordered I, Alive Again & Invisible (and Crimson II :Spin: ) from black mark.

I can't wait to hear all that stuff.

Give you my thoughts when I received all that. :hotjump:

Hey, has anyone of you ever ordered a CD online and got it the next day?:hotjump:

Got "The breathing shadow" and "The closing chronicles" in the mail today!:tickled:

And yes, it's a huge thing to get all these albums at once... I feel like I've just begun to fully grasp Alive Again, and already have two other albums waiting.

I'll better take my time for each one to fully appreciate them.:worship:

Awesome album! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Favourite track: Stalingrad!
Other Favourite tracks: The Wake, Still Alive, A Raincheck On My Demise, To The End, Misery, Atlantis Rising

I got mine yesterday and I listened to it 4 times all the way through, and I have to say... It's fucking kick ass! Every song is awesome!