The new Nightingale album!

I ordered mine yesterday. Got an email from blackmark today saying my parcel has been sent so hopefully it won't take too long.

Well I got my copy in the mail today (does that make me the first in North America?) hehehe.

This album is great!!! I wasn't much of a fan of Alive Again so this album is a breath of fresh air for me. I think my favorite song is Atlantis Rising, amazing stuff.

I got mine yesterday too, sorry to disappoint you, Winter. Hehehe.

Alive Again is gonna be tough to beat, I loved that CD. As for Invisible, I was excited by the teaser, but I thought the opening track "Still Alive" was pretty average. Fortunately, it's nowhere near the best track on this cd. I'm not ready to give a full review yet, it's too soon. But I already love all the tracks on the first half of the CD. We'll see how the rest sinks in over the next few weeks. =)

scorpian007 said:
Just ordered it online :)

How long did it take for it to ship to you guys?
From Blackmark?

They shipped mine out last Monday and made it all the way to America that Saturday. I will definitely order from them again in the future.

They shipped mine on the 12th and it arrived Saturday as well, the 16th. They were very fast when I ordered Crimson 2 when it was available early (I think) as well. They rock. \m/

Recived my copy 48 hours ago, spinned it alot since then, heres my first thoughts of the latest Nightingale offering:

Still Alive // Great opener, best since Scarred For Life. Already a favourite of mine

Invisible // Strong track, mong the best on the record. Not in the typical Ngale-style this one, still amazing stuff. Great chorus!

A Raincheck On My Demise // Heavy Stuff! Among my favourite tracks from the new album, simply kick ass heavy metal!!

Atlantis Rising // What can I say?! This track is worth the price for the whole CD alone. By far the best track on Invisible, probably one of Dans best songs ever. Guitars in the style of Van Halen!!

To The End // Bluesy track with a stroooong chorus! Future live classic.

Misery // Fast, catchy. Strong track once again (you know where this is heading)

The Wake // Laidback, slow, beautiful track. Great vocals as for all the CD, great lyrics. Another favourite of mine.

One OF The Lonely Ones // This track ends the album for me this time. 8 strong tracks in a row, hard to top. I can live with two weaker songs at the end then :) The "waiting for the night"-part of this song is one of my favourite moments on Invisible

Worlds Apart // Leftover? Weakest song on the album by far, nowhere near the Ngale-standard we all know.

Stalingrad // Great song, but I expected more when I read this was to be Eternal #2.

The album I give 8/10 for now (I will live, eat and breath this album for the next weeks, so thing are probably to change). With World Apart left out of the album I would probably say this one is the best offering from Ngale ever. Thanx for this kick ass recording guys, you always deliver!!!

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Cool review. I think Stalingrad will grow on you. If you see the movie (German) and then listen to the song in headphones in dark room, the vibe is there. Worlds Apart is an old Nouga song and it's way beyond filler for me, I think it will appeal more to the fans of older hardrock. I like it because it's got a Canadian vibe and the chord progression in the verse is amazing and the chorus is a bit Cheap trick..
Anyway, you digging 8½ tracks out of 10 is more than I expected from the listener, so i am Happy!!!

"Dearest customer!

Many thanks for your order to Black Mark.
We're going to release your parcel today

the 19th day of October , 2004."

I'm going to be crying from happiness when I receive this :D
I'll put up a short review once I listen to it a few times.

/me camps next to letterbox

Dan Swanö said:
Cool review. I think Stalingrad will grow on you. If you see the movie (German) and then listen to the song in headphones in dark room, the vibe is there. Worlds Apart is an old Nouga song and it's way beyond filler for me, I think it will appeal more to the fans of older hardrock. I like it because it's got a Canadian vibe and the chord progression in the verse is amazing and the chorus is a bit Cheap trick..
Anyway, you digging 8½ tracks out of 10 is more than I expected from the listener, so i am Happy!!!
I know Stalingrad will grow on me, I can already tell. As for Worlds Apart, my view is subjective, I think others (with a different background) may like it, for me its just the weakest song on Invisible. As for the whole recording, I think the vocals are better then ever, it is emotional and it SPEAKS! The other guys have done a great job with the backing vocals, and I think the parts Erik sings are amazingly well done! Take the chorus of Invisible for an example, the way the vocals are done is just killer!

@Dan; your sound is a bit different this time (I totally dig it), with new and stronger guitarsound and more riff-based songs. Was this something you and the band sat down and decided should happen, or was it something that happened in the process of making "Invisible"? Also, am I right if there are other sources of inspiration that has made its mark on the recording this time?I sense some Whitesnake here and there, some Van Halen in other songs, even som Bad Company in Atlantis Rising! What I mean is, the whole thingy sounds a bit different this time, nice if you can post your thoughts on the subject.

:worship:

Devoted fan, ~nightfall~

~nightfall~ said:
. As for the whole recording, I think the vocals are better then ever, it is emotional and it SPEAKS! The other guys have done a great job with the backing vocals, and I think the parts Erik sings are amazingly well done! Take the chorus of Invisible for an example, the way the vocals are done is just killer!

Heja Norge:Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

I have waited two years for this ( since A.A was released ) This is internet at it´s very best: direct feedback from the listeners and when the feedback is this good....:D
Glad you enjoy it

I have to get this record. Time passed so fast, I thought it would last some time till the release. Tomorrow I'm going out to the shops. :headbang:

I've got some news from ProgPower
-------------------------
On Friday April 22, 2005, the Swedish band NIGHTINGALE will play in the main hall of Sjiwa. The band will do a short European tour because of their 10th anniversary, it will be the only gig in The Netherlands. Support acts will be TOMORROW'S EVE from Germany and one more band, unknow yet. More info about this later on.
------------------------
Are more dates confirmed? In Germany maybe?