The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

^Nothing better than an interesting book, but these days only crime novels, women’s stuff and biographies are published in paper and all the other genres exist as e-books and I’ve no idea where to find them and how to find good ones (dislike the idea of reading books on screen), I’ve also got very picky, but I’d like to find some ’mysterious’ stuff. Have very fond memories of exciting novels from back in the day, (and of course I’ve my own unpublished psychological horror novels in Finnish, of which one was finished five years ago, and they could remain submarine until the distant future).

Last edited:
Well, bands put the news out in their social media and it's a threat to press. But then again the fuckin huge amount of bands posting stuff means they constantly have to remind fans of their existence and fans need to prioritize who they give a fuck about because otherwise their social medias would be full of some band guy's plane selfies :D
This is why I think metal press is important, someone needs to dig up the important shit from there and write. But I often see metal news sites just copypasteing or adding screenshots. What I don't get is also, finding important topics to ask about or getting fans to send in interesting questions has never been as easy as it is nowadays, so why are the interviews always the same?

There's just so much information everywhere that it makes people tired and unable to give a shit. Maybe this coronavirus shit will make people realize how boring social media actually is.

And yeah I'm becoming a metal dad :D I wanna time travel to 2008 so bad I finally started writing down and properly planning a comic book I have wanted to draw for ages but HaVEnT FoUnD ThE IntErEsT

Reactions: sfont
Maybe just lack of creativity. Fans would like someone asked the bands deep questions about the songs and how different albums compare. As for social media, Mgla has been whoring themselves out by having someone post every single day on black metal groups ”have you heard of this amazing band yet?” It’s actually worked and they’re almost mainstream now, then again that doesn’t bide well with black metal.

Reactions: sfont
bodomaftermidnightofficial: " Reposted from @musamaailma @alexilaiho.official just walked in and we had not one but two unique, brand new ESP Custom Shop axes waiting for him! Stay tuned for more!!

Itse Alexi Laiho käveli äsken ovesta sisään ja hyllystä odottamasta löytyikin miehelle ei yhtä, vaan kaksi tuliterää uutta ESP Custom Shop -keihästä!! Näistä lisää pian, seurailkaa julkaisuja! "

103457815_2632556743699666_8265916648402110518_n.jpg

That made me think the Hexed album artwork is actually the only one that would look good on a guitar, that dirty spooky texture in the purple shades.

Well that’s nice and all, but I’m still not over the break up. That video of them practicing, I’m sorry but all I could think is “this was supposed to be jaska”. I couldn’t watch it to the end even, it just made me feel weird and sad. Maybe because they played downfall. This track is COB.

And those stories/pics from Juhannus. Just made me think, this is alexi and his new friends now. he doesn’t even talk with the other guys anymore, u know? Especially Jaska? It’s so sad, thinking that they grew up together basically. Jaska was kind enough to introduce me and my friends to his family after the last show, his father and mom was so nice, they shared some early Bodom stories about how they used to drive Jaska and Allu to band practice when they were really really young, and other stuff. I was so moved. That day was so emotional.

I remember also some days before final tour in Helsinki, I was at a show in tavastia and met with a friend who was there with Jaska. After the show we were discussing to go to the circus and see the Local Band. Jaska looked at me and literally said that he can’t go there. He meant that he didn’t want to go there because of Allu. I didn’t know what to say. I just felt so sad. Then my friend tried to convince him to come but eventually he went home.

I can never forget how this band used to be, and this is how I wanna remember it and keep it in my heart. not like “Bodom After Midnight”.

don’t get me wrong, I wish Allu and his new project the best, I just wish this hadn’t happen the way it did, at all.

I’m sorry for the long post, i don’t even know why I posted here again. Maybe I shared too personal stuff but I honestly don’t care at the moment, I could even write more but that wouldn’t be good for anyone.

Anyway, I also want to remember this forum in its glory days and I’m glad I got to meet amazing people from here irl.

God, I wish Sinergy was back, haha.

cheers guys.
and probably farewell.

For me COB died the day I heard WIWI, lol, some gems after, but it wasn't fully the same. Then I found the elements I liked about Bodom in different music, pretty much skimmed from Halo of Blood to black metal. As a guy I don’t care about the soap opera side; as an outsider, this is just a bunch of CD’s with nostalgia. These days not even marriages seem to last, yet people expect a bunch or dudes to maintain close chemistry for ever. Bands aren't even meant to last (like marriages are), but the music is meant to maintain its spirit, so it's kinda cool how the original music was so strong it kept that bunch of players holding on for such a long time.

Sad to hear things went this badly between all of them, even more so between Jaska and Alexi who were, are you mentionned, childhood friends. I really wished they were all more open about what happened, because no band loses 3 of it's founding members at once without a good reason. But maybe that's still too soon for them to talk and they'll eventually explain a few years down the road.
If there is anything else you can share Mrs.Bodom, please do so. If not here, on PM. But I'm sure I speak for many when I say we wished we knew more.

Well that’s nice and all, but I’m still not over the break up. That video of them practicing, I’m sorry but all I could think is “this was supposed to be jaska”. I couldn’t watch it to the end even, it just made me feel weird and sad. Maybe because they played downfall. This track is COB.

And those stories/pics from Juhannus. Just made me think, this is alexi and his new friends now. he doesn’t even talk with the other guys anymore, u know? Especially Jaska? It’s so sad, thinking that they grew up together basically. Jaska was kind enough to introduce me and my friends to his family after the last show, his father and mom was so nice, they shared some early Bodom stories about how they used to drive Jaska and Allu to band practice when they were really really young, and other stuff. I was so moved. That day was so emotional.

I remember also some days before final tour in Helsinki, I was at a show in tavastia and met with a friend who was there with Jaska. After the show we were discussing to go to the circus and see the Local Band. Jaska looked at me and literally said that he can’t go there. He meant that he didn’t want to go there because of Allu. I didn’t know what to say. I just felt so sad. Then my friend tried to convince him to come but eventually he went home.

I can never forget how this band used to be, and this is how I wanna remember it and keep it in my heart. not like “Bodom After Midnight”.

don’t get me wrong, I wish Allu and his new project the best, I just wish this hadn’t happen the way it did, at all.

I’m sorry for the long post, i don’t even know why I posted here again. Maybe I shared too personal stuff but I honestly don’t care at the moment, I could even write more but that wouldn’t be good for anyone.

Anyway, I also want to remember this forum in its glory days and I’m glad I got to meet amazing people from here irl.

God, I wish Sinergy was back, haha.

cheers guys.
and probably farewell.
Thank you for sharing these stories. I wanted to believe they broke up in good terms but it sure doesn't seem like it :( I am excited for BAM continuing, but this all does bother me a lot too and I wonder what happened actually. I think Bodom, the heart of it was Jaska and Alexi. And without Jaska it is not the same it will never be and from the bottom of my heart I wish they could get shit talked through. Jaska's speech at the last show shattered my heart I still cannot watch the videos.

But this all didn't happen at once. It is pretty obvious there has been something going on. I remember when someone pointed out a few years back that "have you noticed Alexi and Janne don't hang out outside the band anymore" and I kinda shrugged it iff because social media isn't the entire truth. But I still kept thinking about it and it looked like they aren't as close anymore. And now I'm putting together a "bodom history" file and I gotta say that after around RRF era, things weren't as funny and relaxed anymore. Hell, even Alexi admitted in an interview they had to sit down and talk through old grudges to be able to continue "a few years ago".

But this is all none of my business, I can't help it at all. I will continue to support and follow them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
Did any of you guys see that screen capture video going around insta where it shows Five Finger Death Punch's Wikipedia page and there it says in the members section: JANNE WIRMAN

I have the video but I dunno how to share it here. But last I checked it has been deleted from the wikipedia page. It was probably a joke then as everyone that sent it to me said right away... But lmao what if :D I fuckin hate that band though :D

But what is he doing? By what I've seen on insta he is having a great time just being a father.

By what I've seen on insta he is having a great time just being a father
Jaska's having an Insta account?

IMO, all that band drama started when Alexi decided to do that lifestyle change (what Roope mentioned in that interview). I wonder why he didn't ask Archie to be the bassist for BAM since both went the same bad way and ended up in a band-split.

It would be unnatural to put a glam rock guitarist with pussymagnet looks to a death metal band to play bass in Alexi’s shadow. They already laughed when they heard some fans suggested it. They have no shortage of players. See, Alexi must keep the music first and not let it get distracted by personalities, that’s why he even stays out of this fanbase stuff.

Last edited: