The next HUGE band in hard rock...

Do you mind supporting this with some reasoning? I honestly don't see anything that sucks about it, so I would like to know why everyone hates it.

Vocal melody. It's shit. Talking loudly in (almost) monotone only works if you're backing it up with something seriously intense from the band and it's not the most "present" thing in the mix.

Granted, I only can judge from the first minute, because that's about how long the video lasted.

Edit: I just listened to the rest, to be fair. There's nothing redeeming about the rest of it either. The Kanye gimmick came a bit late (by some months) and only makes me take these guys LESS seriously. Old Hard Rock singers could actually fucking sing worth a damn.

If you really want to hear something recent in Hard Rock, you'd be better off with a band like Bullets and Octane than these guys. There are plenty of other Hard Rock bands still around that deserve it more too.

Vocal melody. It's shit. Talking loudly in (almost) monotone only works if you're backing it up with something seriously intense from the band and it's not the most "present" thing in the mix.

Granted, I only can judge from the first minute, because that's about how long the video lasted.

Edit: I just listened to the rest, to be fair. There's nothing redeeming about the rest of it either. The Kanye gimmick came a bit late (by some months) and only makes me take these guys LESS seriously.

Ok thats fine then. But this is only one song, and the only song with vocals like that. Most of their stuff is very melodic and catchy as hell. But something tells me you're not willing to give it a chance and even if you ended up liking it, you probably wouldnt admit to it... And the video was shot right after the Kanye thing. Videos take a little while to produce.

Maybe some of you would like this song more? Doubt it, but if you liked the first song, you'll like this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the video was shot right after the Kanye thing. Videos take a little while to produce.

Totally understandable but you can't really do that if you're going to release months later. The opportunity to get your hits in has to be taken right away.

It would be like SNL coming out with Monica Lewinsky jokes next weekend.

Anyway, the other song was different but totally nondistinctive. What's supposed to make them any more huge than all the other bands that sound like this? Is it the gimmick from the other video? Not sure here.

*goes off to listen to some Dokken*

Oh and Bullets and Octane aren't bad, but they're not as good as Taking Dawn. Or as original. They sound like every other punk-infused sleaze rock band I've heard. I almost joined a band that sounds exactly like them. And Vains of Jenna. I would have done it too, but the singer had to move. Too band cause he was damn good and it would have been a really fun band... Oh well...

Bullets and Octane have monstrous rock star sex appeal. Girls eyefuck the shit out of them (okay well at least Gene). I've seen it with my own eyes. That usually carries a lot of weight early on in the careers of most Hard Rock bands. :)

Ok thats fine then. But this is only one song, and the only song with vocals like that. Most of their stuff is very melodic and catchy as hell. But something tells me you're not willing to give it a chance and even if you ended up liking it, you probably wouldnt admit to it... And the video was shot right after the Kanye thing. Videos take a little while to produce.

Maybe some of you would like this song more? Doubt it, but if you liked the first song, you'll like this as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxoTAfhJX0

I think the reason there is so much backlash is because in the original post you were so over confidant and seemed almost like an internet plant for the label. I think some people on this forum maybe would have gave them a chance more so than now.

I think the reason there is so much backlash is because in the original post you were so over confidant and seemed almost like an internet plant for the label. I think some people on this forum maybe would have gave them a chance more so than now.

Eh...I don't think it would be such a big deal if it were. That's like 90% of the created threads around here anyway the last two years or so. (Label plant or otherwise, the intent is always to promote).

I did a deliberate promotion for a band like once as a favor too, so even I'm guilty of it at least that much...though I make it a point not to start anymore "see band's X" posts.

Thats definitely not what I meant. Im just really excited about this release and figured i would let some people here know that such an awesome band existed. Apparenty only a few people really care though hahaha Im still confident that this band will get pretty damn big though...

Good Lord, that Fight Paris stuff sounds horrible to these ear....
Taking Dawn? Listenable, but not something I would purchase, or download, based on this one tune....Wonder what the rest of their stuff sounds lke?

Well this is really going to draw the people out to your show. :Smug:

As far as Taking Dawn goes, just because the guys have some serious talent doesn't mean people are going to like them or support them. I for one, even noticing their talent, don't care for the band. I respect the fact that they are a working group doing what they do with the talent they possess. As far as their band goes, that's not my style. Does that mean I need to lighten up and learn to appreciate a hard rock band? No I don't believe so. Does it make me selfish that I don't like hard rock? Definitely not.

I like what I like, and everyone else on this forum likes what they like. That's the beauty of it. Just because someone doesn't prefer a decent hard rock band over a metal band doesn't mean they need to lighten up and learn to party out. I prefer more underground metal cause its closer to the heart and not teased or altered by the profitable aspects and grand scheme of things. Granted I may like more popular musicians/bands such as Devin Townsend, Mastodon, and Arch Enemy, but that's what I like. I won't sit here and tell anyone that says they don't like one of those I listed that they are selfish and need to lighten up. Not at all.

I prefer an amount of modesty and class to the musicians I support, and appreciate those that know they're good enough to succeed without being cocky. To me that shows that the musicians appreciate the road it took to get to that point. Supporting the bands has ever so much to do with the musicians that form those bands, so keep that in mind when you go on these rants cause you'll be losing possible interest based on your character and mannerisms. I've seen people on this same forum say they won't support someone's music because of what they've said or done. Not that I agree, but it is just a suggestion to you as a young musician wanting to get your name out there. You're bound to run into a different opinion, friendly or not, so get use to it. ;)

Just noticed this comment. Didn't see it earlier. I respect what you are saying, because you're being cool about it. And I appreciate that. And I really didn't mean to sound cocky, but I guess after reading my comment, its easy to infer that... I didn't mean to call people selfish for not liking the music. I meant that towards people who want to keep underground music away from "outsiders" as to not "taint" the music. Its that kind of attitude thats keeping traditional forms of metal from getting more popular imo.

Once again, I apologize for bringing up a band I love and am excited for, which I figured people here would appreciate. Like I said, I was wrong. I guess Im just not metal enough for you guys... :cry: hahaha

At least you were able to get people to check out a new band. I can't remember the last time a new band was discussed like this.

And as for the "potty mouth" thing... Seriously? Seriously??? On-stage obscenities have been apart of rock and roll since day one. Look at Chuck Berry, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, TED NUGENT, and even Paul Stanley gets pretty crude on stage. Are you really going to let some four-letter words keep you away from whats really important? The music? Concerts aren't for young kids. They're for people who want to lighten up and have a good time, while enjoying some kickass music. If you want to see a family-friendly show, try Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers. I don't mean to be a dick, but this is rock and roll.

You're confusing showmanship with an endless stream of profanities. Dropping the f-bomb dozens of times in a three to five minute span doesn't make this band hip or edgy or whatever stupid buzzword you or some dope at Roadrunner wants to attach to this band any more than it makes a stand up comedian funny or a hack writer a gifted author. Your views are, at best, myopic. And you're not a dick, you're just a bad cliché. Seriously.

I love a lot of bands that people choose to take shots at; Manowar, Disturbed, Lamb of God. However, I could care less if others don't find them as enjoyable as I do. The opinions of people, sitting at their keyboards, who I'll likely never meet, have no impact on my life or on my opinions of the music I choose to listen to. That anyone cares what some stranger thinks about their music choices is completely baffling to me.

Zod

Ditto. While I don't understand many times why a band isn't as popular as they should be, I definitely don't get offended if someone disses bands I like. As I believe someone on here suggested earlier, all music is subjective anyways. All music is supposed to be enjoyed by everyone and different people have different opinions on what's good and bad. It sounds simple but just like what you're like, and honestly, (not to be an ass) but if you're getting offended by people not liking this band on here, why are you on this forum?

His band is in his signature, Eternal Hour. They are one of the better local acts and a good power metal band in the Atlanta area. The band itself is worth checking out, even if T.M.M. is a bit off in his choice of words. :)

At least more worth checking out than I find Taking Dawn I suppose.

Thanks bud! i appreciate it.:kickass:

bahahahahahahaha boy did they pick you apart buddy. ;) i for one love Taking Dawn with a passion, and no, not because of The Metal Messiah, but because i found out about them when they were 7th son and they rocked then too!!! Metal or Hardrock, or blues or jazz or country or w/e i dont care... Doesnt matter to me as long as it is good music, and most importantly catchy. You could play years ahead of me on guitar and i would be like oh hell yea!! but thats cuz im a musician and appreciate that. Taking Dawn does that and appeals to the masses. :D So i say its a win win situation.

hahah and buddy, you did post this on a progpower forum. :) glad you exposed Taking Dawn to some people. :D it was worth it im sure.

silly kanye...
bahahaha. i thought it was funny.:headbang:

...I hate when people use the term "they know their metal".....anyone with an internet connection can "know their metal". If that is the case and they LOVE metal....why are they playing such a generic commercial version of it? What are they doing to help spread the word about bands "that they know about"?

Eeeeesy there Rygar, You're missing the point, [The_Metal_Messiah] simply created a thread letting everyone know about this new band he likes. Personally, that's why I visit this forum... to find out about new bands. I appreciate the thread & IMO people who don't appreciate someone's thread, (or the band the thread owner recommends), should click away to the next thread and leave sed thread alone. No one wants to hear why anyone else doesn't like this band or this thread. There are plenty of threads about plenty of bands I don't care for, but you won't find any of my posts weighing in on how the thread owner's post is flawed because the band he or she mentioned isn't in my personal top 15 list. I simply click on the threads I'm interested in. I know you're a Cauldron fan... How would you like it if you created a "Cauldron - The next HUGE band..." thread and [The_Metal_Messiah] started cluttering up your thread with how Cauldron sucks posts? All the Cauldron fans would be annoyed with it, right? I for one, am a Cauldron fan, and I would be annoyed by it.

-KYF

Eeeeesy there Rygar, You're missing the point, [The_Metal_Messiah] simply created a thread letting everyone know about this new band he likes. Personally, that's why I visit this forum... to find out about new bands. I appreciate the thread & IMO people who don't appreciate someone's thread, (or the band the thread owner recommends), should click away to the next thread and leave sed thread alone. No one wants to hear why anyone else doesn't like this band or this thread. There are plenty of threads about plenty of bands I don't care for, but you won't find any of my posts weighing in on how the thread owner's post is flawed because the band he or she mentioned isn't in my personal top 15 list. I simply click on the threads I'm interested in. I know you're a Cauldron fan... How would you like it if you created a "Cauldron - The next HUGE band..." thread and [The_Metal_Messiah] started cluttering up your thread with how Cauldron sucks posts? All the Cauldron fans would be annoyed with it, right? I for one, am a Cauldron fan, and I would be annoyed by it.

-KYF

THANK YOU!