The NOW PLAYING thread

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
I also downloaded a few Sonata Arctica songs, from what I hear they are great! And sound kind of like Stratovarius, actually a lot!

Sonata Arctica are great, but stick to the Ecliptica album because Silence is quite uninteresting... I don't know about Successor.

and drexle: great choice! If it didn't suck all the energy out of me, I'd be listening to much more sludge doom at work...

Nomad: I'm a big fan of Doomy/Deathy stuff. My favorites would have to be dISEMBOWELMENT, Evoken, and Shape of Despair... though I prefer the "Sylvan forest" quality of SoD's first album over their second one.

Odd story, I own a dISEMBOWELMENT tape... as in, I actually saw it in a store one day, and snatched it up as quick as possible... but I can't find a CD version of the album at all.

Huh. What album? I only know of Transcendence into the Peripheral, but I haven't done much searching on them.

And I don't know whether to thank or curse whoever sent Ayeron to me on AudioGalaxy (or whoever convinced me to download it... I don't remember). I'm starting to like it, and I feel bad about that. dunno why.

I have "Trancendence..." I think there's a demo by them called "Dusk" or "Dust" or something like that, but I've never heard anything off of it. They don't have much material, as you probably know already.

Only thing I can tell you is that one of the former members is currently in a band called Southern Cross... at least, I think that's what it's called. I don't know what all they have out, though.