The NOW PLAYING thread

I bought two albums today just because I saw them at store and I had some money with me. I usually don't buy anything without months of planning but... now I did and I got no problems with it :)

I got these: Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza and Gates Of Ishtar - A Bloodred Path.

Quite cheap, only 23€ altogether. There was even some other albums I might bought someday. Usually there's nothing I'd even consider to buy. Or the prices are too high.

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
What site did you use to get those albums? I need them too... :D Although, I bought them for more than what you paid... :mad: I swear, I have like 300 CDs, and they're all bought (Some off of Ebay, Amazon.com, CDnow, CDuniverse, etc.; since they're not findable around here)... I had to discard of CD cases, because you know how that goes.

The End Records is pretty much the cheapest online metal label. They're selection's pretty decent, as they have many Combat and Century Media releases, along with a lot of everything. But they're cheap (usually $11/disc and free shipping to the US and Canada) and get your order to you within 4-5 days usually.

Another good label is Dark Symphonies. I haven't been to their site for some time because I haven't HEARD of most of the stuff they have, but they're cheap too. Also the site is a pain in the ass to browse the catalog.

Century Media is alright, but back when I ordered from them a lot (back in '98-99) they had some problems. Not as cheap as The End (even for discs off their own label), and not as speedy.

I also put in a request for another 8 discs from my pal, Francisco Alcobia. Just some guy in Portugal, but he has a lot of discs for around $12 plus VERY reasonable shipping rates. He has his info on line, but I have that link on my home computer... hopefully I'll remember to post that when I get home. Only problem (at least for US customers) is that he needs cash since he can't accept any other payment for free... You can send him a check, but it costs him $10 to cash it, so it's an extra $10 or so for you. But I've sent as much as $180 in the mail to him without problems.
Anyway, my order from him:
Blackmore's Night Fires at Midnight (limited box ed.) $15
Dark Moor The Gates of Oblivion $11
Dark Moor Hall of the Olden Dreams $11
Desultory Into Eternity $ 9
Dusk My Infinite Nature Alone $11
Gardenian Two Feet Stand $10
Iced Earth Alive in Athens (3 CD) $15
Moonsorrow Tama Ikuinen Talvi $12
Plus $6 shipping to total $100 for 8 discs... not bad. (I'll also have to acquire some cases, but that's minor)...

I should work now...

@Nomad: Thanks, I'll check it out. And I've had my share with Century Media and have gotten a lot of nice CDs from them. But now, I'm having trouble ordering from them.

(And I used to think Columbia was the best because I could get 12 CDs for a penny...)

I really need a 200 CD changer. My friend Steve has one...

Just got back from a small concert. Gaskit. They have 3 songs on mp3.com if you want to check that out... they have some similarities to Tool, which they covered... "Sober".

Last time I saw them, they covered "Prison Sex", during which I really got into it. Today, talking to the bass player (who used to work at the company I now work at... before I started though...), I am apparently on his screen saver from that show. kinda goofy.

02:30... bed time.