the official dorian gray thread

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
yeah, with the baby and whathaveyou, i dont know how much time i'll have to waste on this forum anymore. i was wondering if i could get you duderz to occasionally post a recommendation for me here. maybe just a couple at a time. i like to buy 2 maybe 3 cds a month. i'd appreciate it. oh, and if it's something obscure, tell me where to get it.
thanks!

6985724.jpg

me likey doom, death, tech death, prog rock, and some power metal but Symphony X is about all i can listen to of that anymore.
me no likey ambient.
me no never heard black metal

have you heard Vader? i think you would like Vader, i don't know why.

or Cynic, especially if you like tech. death. Cynic kicks ass!

Also, if you enjoy more aggressive music, you could give the album "Reign in Blood" by the orchestra called "Slayer" a try. That's "Slayer", not "Slayers", "The Slayers" or "The Slayer".

Sincerely,

FUCK OFF THE MELODIC BLACK METAL

dorian gray said:
me likey doom, death, tech death, prog rock, and some power metal but Symphony X is about all i can listen to of that anymore.
me no likey ambient.
me no never heard black metal

Well, I have no idea what death metal you own already, but here's my favorites:

Amorphis - The Karelian Ishtmus
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkenss
At the Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease (the most accesible of their good ones)
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity
The Chasm - Procession to the Infraworld
The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Death - Leprosy
Death - Human
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
Possessed - Seven Churches
Sepultura - Morbid Visions & Bestial Devastation

I really know nothing of the more obscure death metal out there...

If you have somehow avoided melodeath for the past ten years and have now suddenly decided to check it out, these are the albums you need, though!

Amon Amarth - Once Sent from the Golden Hall
Carcass - Necroticism
Carcass - Heartwork
Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
Dark Tranquillity - The Mind's I
Dark Tranquillity - Projector
In Flames - Lunar Strain
In Flames - Subterrenean

I really think that's all i can contribute with, seeing as I'm not into any of the other genres you mentioned...

thanks for the recs so far. i have some dark tranquillity already. i think ill pick up some death and morbid angel. i tried to find cynic awhile back and no one had it.

okay my pals, i actually got some money for xmas (actually quite embarrasing to be 29 and still accept money from other adults) so why dont you recommend me at least 6 discs i should get and where to get them if they are fairly obscure. actually, id appreciate some more obscure recommendations. so do it. now.