The official "Drop Got the Time from the setlist" thread

Got the time is the worst song on pot. For god sake, it's a cover.

Time
Belly of the Beast
In My World

Anything else of pot would be welcome.

I would sign a petition to drop both Got the Time and Antisocial. However, I also think that the songs work quite well live, but I still want them dropped because a) they are covers & b) I'm sick and tired of them. On the other hand, I think that they should drop Only as well, as it doesn't work live with Joey on vocals and it sort of drags down the pace and intensity of the rest of the set. I was at an Anthrax show this summer (a festival in Norway) and my girlfriend was there too. She hadn't seen Anthrax before and didn't know too much about the band or their music and when I asked her what she thought of the show, she said she enjoyed it all the way through, apart from that one song that was kinda boring and brought down the mood a bit. No prizes if you've guessed it: she was talking about "Only" ... It just doesn't fit in anymore & it certainly doesn't work anymore.
So, for my own selfish reasons; get rid of Got the Time, Antisocial and Only (put in Gung Ho or just about anything from worship music, dammit!)
For musical reasons and to pander to the casual fan: get rid of Only ...

Here's my ballot, drop Got the Time.

My ideal set:

Among the Living
Earth on Hell
Time
A.I.R
Caught in a Mosh
Blood
Indians
Out of Sight
Time
NFL
Be All
Potter's Field
Room for One More
Skeletons
I Am the Law
KIITF
:headbang:

Also, the songs to get played at their 80s speed!:hotjump:

I havent seen Anthrax since the SOWN tour and I want to see Anti Social and Got the Time!! :)

MY ideal setlist

Fight Em til You Can't
Metal Thrashing Mad
Madhouse
Caught In A Mosh
Raise Hell
Armed and Dangerous
NFL!!!!
The Devil You Know
Got the Time
Be All End All
Anti-Social
Now It's Dark
I'm the Man
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Indians

Watched and listened their 1987 shows - ATL DVD and BBC concerts - and were those songs played fast at that time! VAU!
Then I listened to their current show from Best Buy Theater - were they asleep? Tired? What was wrong with them? They lacked passion.

Luckily that passion and energy was captured earlier on Greater Of Two Evils...too bad they didn't film the whole thing.

T:)

Then I listened to their current show from Best Buy Theater - were they asleep? Tired? What was wrong with them? They lacked passion.

I also watched it and they looked really bad that night. Scott and Joey were both huffing and puffing like little old out of shape men. Luckily they have Frank making the same predetermined goofy poses that he always does.

What else do Antwax and Resumurofnikufesin have to do after they cum in eachothers asses accept for to come here and rip on Anthrax until they get hard again??

I'm not sure, but please... If you don't play Anti-Social and Got the Time in Worcester than please play NFL three times.. Actually please play ALL THREE!!! It's been a long time comin!! Long Time Long Time Comin!

What else do Antwax and Resumurofnikufesin have to do after they cum in eachothers asses accept for to come here and rip on Anthrax until they get hard again??

I'm not sure, but please... If you don't play Anti-Social and Got the Time in Worcester than please play NFL three times.. Actually please play ALL THREE!!! It's been a long time comin!! Long Time Long Time Comin!

Actually would be great if they played just new material...I don't listen to Iron Maiden, but I think it is great that they don't think what they should play - they play new album - take it or leave it...that's it.

Why should they play old songs everyone has already heard? This is new band, new era...

T:)

btw. I thought Maidenboy was the ONLY one with gay fantacies...but it seems that I was wrong...