The Official Hookah Thread!

I've only smoked shisha once at a shisha bar.
I'm assuming that's what it was?

They called it flavored tobacco.

You guys make it seem like a delicacy though. It was pretty good, I admit but then again they probably had the mass produced, cheap ass kind.
It was only $9.99 for all you can smoke, WITH a round of sandwiches and water!

Definitely made for a good time.

Is the stuff you guys are talking illegal? Because if not, I just recently gave up cigarettes of 6 years, and I really miss the cool menthol smoke feeling.

Anything comparable in the hookah world? :p

$9.99 for all you can smoke tobacco flavored Shisha with a round of sandwiches? Yeah you most likely were not getting the best. That is a huge deal, since most bars charge $15-20 for a bowl and two people and $3 for each additional person. Those prices are insanely high because if you did it yourself $20 will buy you some of the most expensive Shisha you can get your hands on and would be enough to last you 20-30 bowls.

As much as I would hate to say it (with this flavor being way over hyped), but considering you like the menthol feeling, you might be a fan of the "blue mist" varieties, starbuzz or more expensive knockoffs.

Some good mint shisha is GREAT if you blend it with another fruity flavoured smoke. Also, I'd suggest adding a few ice cubes to the water/base and letting it chill for a couple minutes before you start smoking. I think It goes perfect with the mint. As soon as I find where the wife has put the camera, I'll snap a shot or two of my hookah to show you guys how I roll.

Post it man, this is a hookah/post your hookah thread! :kickass:

Also, to the dude who was having trouble with rolling... something that helped me a great deal when I was learning was to use a dollar bill...

I use this

roller-100mm.jpg

Do you guys know a webshop which offers Al Fakher tobacco? I cannot find one :mad:

www.hookah-shisha.com

Although there are times where I sorta snap back and realize that weeds illegal.

same here, something hits you are reminds you that its illegal. After doing it a handful of times it gets hard to believe something like weed is illegal, its just plain stupid

Don't forget that Ganks is in a slightly cheaper place to live than Sacramento - around here $10 is a common price for good shisha, and he may be somewhere even cheaper.

Jeff

true, I am just making the assumption since California smoke shop prices match US internet prices and are in the relative ballpark as EU internet prices. Still even with the sway of prices, when you go to a hookah bar you are getting ripped off so bad its ridiculous, but its good to try a bar if you have never done it before, if you make a habit out of it its definitely better to get a hookah yourself, as it will save you a lot of money. There are many bars that charge big prices for cheap Shisha and from what I hear around my area, there is a war between the bars and hookah fans claiming that some are not being truthful to what Shisha brands they are using.

The test are extremely bias to say the least. with claims such as "a single session of hookah has 70 time more tar...", do a napkin test. A cigarette will turn a very dark brown from a mild drag and a full lung hit of hookah will make the napkin wet, but still white as white can be. The only huge question is what toxins and heavy metals if any are in the coals.

A cigarette will turn a very dark brown from a mild drag and a full lung hit of hookah will make the napkin wet, but still white as white can be. The only huge question is what toxins and heavy metals if any are in the coals.

absolutely, i always use this example to show people that they are just wrong, when talking baout hookah being more toxic than disgusting cigarettes.

The test are extremely bias to say the least. with claims such as "a single session of hookah has 70 time more tar...", do a napkin test. A cigarette will turn a very dark brown from a mild drag and a full lung hit of hookah will make the napkin wet, but still white as white can be. The only huge question is what toxins and heavy metals if any are in the coals.

I missed the show but my friends dad who caught it said that the coal "is pure tar".

:rolleyes:

I missed the show but my friends dad who caught it said that the coal "is pure tar".

:rolleyes:

a quick lookup on wikipedia (and further cited sources):

Charcoal is the black residue consisting of impure carbon obtained by removing water and other volatile constituents from animal and vegetation substances. Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, the heating of wood, sugar, bone char, or other substances in the absence of oxygen (see pyrolysis, char and biochar). The resulting soft, brittle, lightweight, black, porous material resembles coal and is 50% to 95% carbon with the remainder consisting of volatile chemicals and ash.

and the "volatile chemicals" are the result from chemically treated coals, all natural coals have a higher carbon percentage with little to no toxic chemicals.

I gave up smoking 4 months ago and haven't touched my hookah. Tempted now!
Its a beaut
3827__big.jpg

Do you guys know a webshop which offers Al Fakher tobacco? I cannot find one :mad:

browse some shisha forums, AF and other good brands
are offered constantly, fuckin' expensive though.

i also know a local shop here, that offers AF sometimes but
there is not a big choice and the tobacco is not always available.

having hard times atm, haven't smoked a good shisha for weeks:erk:

cheers
S.

Some Facts:
- Because Shisha contains no tar, it does not make yourself, or your house/furniture smell musky and like smoke. The room will generally smell like fruity incests were burned but dissipates within a half hour or so, leaving no signs that shisha was ever smoked.

Awesome.

I was at the corner store, picking up some chips and cigarettes, when I noticed that one guy purchasing al fakher tobacco on mobile website. I have been smoking for a few years now, but never tried it before because of its high price. That guy told me that it is really good so I decided to order one for myself from https://coalsnbowls.com/collections/hookah-tobacco/al-fakher/