The official "I fucking hate Dragonforce" thread

Stormrider1981 said:
That may be but you can't deny that it sounds horribkly tacky and cheesy. And Rhapsody tends to have quite a lot of musical themes and melodies that seem to recur VERY often. I wouldn't call it boring, but you can't say I'm wrong when I say it gets very repetitive at times.

Yes I can deny it, and no I dont think it sounds tacky or cheesy. Rhapsody utilize a great deal of Baroque and Classical styled writing in the music, to be honest I dont hear much repetition in there music. Rhapsody is the closest thing in metal to straight up classical music. King Diamond/Merciful fate, Death, Athiest, etc. are technical and complex in there own way. I love all those bands, but I freely admit that Rhapsody pummel the living fuck out of them when it comes to arrangements. I am NOT talking about songwriting or quality of songs/riffs within the bands, an orchestrated classical metal peice can still be boring as hell if the songwriting is not to your liking. This is where the divide lies, within personal TASTE.
Everything=Subjective.

Weazel said:
aim = justweazel
I was making a joke. You know, I M Weazel, the cartoon with the baboon that has that red ass? It used to be on with Cow And Chicken.

En Vind said:
Yes I can deny it, and no I dont think it sounds tacky or cheesy. Rhapsody utilize a great deal of Baroque and Classical styled writing in the music, to be honest I dont hear much repetition in there music. Rhapsody is the closest thing in metal to straight up classical music. King Diamond/Merciful fate, Death, Athiest, etc. are technical and complex in there own way. I love all those bands, but I freely admit that Rhapsody pummel the living fuck out of them when it comes to arrangements. I am NOT talking about songwriting or quality of songs/riffs within the bands, an orchestrated classical metal peice can still be boring as hell if the songwriting is not to your liking. This is where the divide lies, within personal TASTE.
Everything=Subjective.
At least you admit that everything you're saying is subjective.
I think Atheist come very close to playing pure jazz and Winds (I didn't mention them for some reason) are a lot closer to pure classical music than Rhapsody is.

(EDIT: By the way, I know everything I'm saying is my personal opinion)

Metal head87 said:
I was making a joke. You know, I M Weazel, the cartoon with the baboon that has that red ass? It used to be on with Cow And Chicken.

Oooo I remember that haha.. sorry.. been a long time since I heard a reference to that :D

Missinterpreted it as.. do you have a relative IM to your name?

Weazel said:
Oooo I remember that haha.. sorry.. been a long time since I heard a reference to that :D

Missinterpreted it as.. do you have a relative IM to your name?
My AIM is Diamondbanger87. It's close enough to Metalhead87 (although that was already taken here so it's Metal Head87)

Metal head87 said:
There were songs on the album more complicated than The Invisible Guests. I guess we disagree on Rhapsody.
Maybe the reason you could play the Them songs is because you've heard it more or it is closer to your technique.
Either way, I hear much more technical and complicated stuff from King than I do from Rhapsody, and it's not like I've never listened to Rhapsody before.

Weazel, do you have a relative named I M?

I disagree, I think Invisible Guest was the most technical song on THem, however it is reasonable to say Andy's style is closer to mine than Luca's, though to be honest neither are that close. I wasn't at any point claiming you've not heard Rhapsody.

Metal head87 said:
At least you admit that everything you're saying is subjective.
I think Atheist come very close to playing pure jazz and Winds (I didn't mention them for some reason) are a lot closer to pure classical music than Rhapsody is.

(EDIT: By the way, I know everything I'm saying is my personal opinion)

Well yes, I dont like to deal in absolutes. Very few things are matters of true fact in my book.

Athiest's last album could almost be filed under the Jazz fusion catagorey, very awesome and unique band. I've only heard one Winds album, it was good but no where near as classically influenced or arranged as Rhapsody. Im not sure how much Rhapsody you have heard, but the last two albums could very well have been Symphonies if you removed the guitars, bass, etc.

Again though, I think people are often subconciously prejudiced with there analysis of one type of music when they favor another over it. I know I've been guilty of it before, 5 years ago I listened to essentially nothing but Black Metal. Back then I hadnt heard of half the bands I listen to now, but I doubt I would have seriously enjoyed many of them.

Vacant_Planets said:
It's new for sure, it's the new stuff on their myspace, from self titled 2003, and Beyond the Sea 2005. It's not horrible, but not really impressive alongside Dragonforces album stuff.

I'm not as impressed having seen Li and Totman giving examples of solos, they're very sloppy and must make liberal use of pro tools and similar tools.
True, but one thing I have to say about that, is that, it may be a shitty excuse, but they are drunk a LOT. I know a lot of the bootlegs I've seen with sloppy playing where when they were drunk. I've seen some in studio footage and they have no problem playing those solos.

Never have listened to them but from that i saw on the GuitarWorld CD this month i can say as musicians they truely suck. So i can totally tell they will suck donkey balls and take it in the ass from a gorilla.

Only powermetal i even remotely like is Blind Guardian, Jag Panzer, and Stratovarious (sp?)

Other than that ill stick to Prog ...

Oh and Nevermore is more "Prgressive Thrash" than anything else... Power Metal my ass. Anyone who calls them powermetal needs a metal pole shoved powerfully up their ass.

En Vind said:
Rhapsody utilize a great deal of Baroque and Classical styled writing in the music, to be honest I dont hear much repetition in there music..

So does malmsteen and he still sucks like he always has .... Shit songs, Shit singers (other than Soto, Turner, and Jorn of course) Every fucking album sounds the same the only album worth picking up are the 4 with Soto, Turner, or Jorne Lande on vocals.

Conquer All said:
ah. i obviously got it before you edit it. oh well who gives?

NP: through the fire and flames :kickass:

You got it on the first edit...

When I was trying to fix it to make sense, then failed and the second edit removed it.

Edit:
Oh and so you know, the joke was "And since i'm so special and sexy and such, I'm going to reitirate the fact etc."

It just didn't sound right though :(

En Vind said:
Well yes, I dont like to deal in absolutes. Very few things are matters of true fact in my book.

Athiest's last album could almost be filed under the Jazz fusion catagorey, very awesome and unique band. I've only heard one Winds album, it was good but no where near as classically influenced or arranged as Rhapsody. Im not sure how much Rhapsody you have heard, but the last two albums could very well have been Symphonies if you removed the guitars, bass, etc.
Rhapsody sounds more like an orchestral soundtrack kind of music to me. Something you would expect to hear in one of those Lord Of The Rings or Star ___ movies (the one with people fighting with flashlights, I don't know if that one is Trek or Wars).
Winds is more like a relaxed kind of classical. I think Carl August Tidemann is also a better guitarist than Luca Turelli or whatever it is spelled.

By the, I may not think Rhapsody are as complex/technical as you think they are and I may hate the music, but I will not take away from the fact that they are excellent musicians.