The official "I fucking hate Dragonforce" thread

Tom Englund also did the "Bet ya can't play this". I think they tell the guitarists to say that. What are the odds that both Tom and Sam from Dragonforce would say the exact same thing?

Tom for surely said the "I bet you can't play this" thing. I just watched it again. I think Henrik said it too but he said it very fast.

Metal head87 said:
If you want to bash power metal, besides that there are worse bands like Helloween, Kotipelto, Dark Moor, Gayngra, Crapsody etc, bash the obligatory power metal ballad. Every band has one and they always suck.

Dark Moor is so much better than Dragonforce it's actually retarded.

That said, I don't own a Dragonforce CD, but all the songs I've heard are basically the same shit. They do put on an awesome live show, though.

Dark Moor is a very girly power metal band. I heard their cover of Halloween from Helloween (one of the only Helloween songs I actually like) and I fell asleep during it.

Metal head87 said:
Dark Moor is a very girly power metal band. I heard their cover of Halloween from Helloween (one of the only Helloween songs I actually like) and I fell asleep during it.

Well I'm not swayed by the "it sounds gay" argument, however I agree, you could easily fall asleep to this. I expected them to be much better musicians but they've less than half the talent, with the exception of the singer who if he works really really hard coudl be great one day. However he is still better than the singer for Dragonforce, but so are most pop singers.

Personally, all their songs sound pretty much the same to me, but it's power metal! I am seeing them on the 27th because I am sure that they'll put on a great live show anyway! But yea, I've seen videos of live concerts and stuff like the betcha can't play this and they are really sloppy as fuck..

Vacant_Planets said:
Well I'm not swayed by the "it sounds gay" argument, however I agree, you could easily fall asleep to this. I expected them to be much better musicians but they've less than half the talent, with the exception of the singer who if he works really really hard coudl be great one day. However he is still better than the singer for Dragonforce, but so are most pop singers.

You probably got some of the newer Dark Moor. Try something from Gates of Oblivion or Hall of the Olden Dreams.

Lunar Still said:
You probably got some of the newer Dark Moor. Try something from Gates of Oblivion or Hall of the Olden Dreams.

It's new for sure, it's the new stuff on their myspace, from self titled 2003, and Beyond the Sea 2005. It's not horrible, but not really impressive alongside Dragonforces album stuff.

I'm not as impressed having seen Li and Totman giving examples of solos, they're very sloppy and must make liberal use of pro tools and similar tools.

Power Metal >> Most Metal Genres

Mah, dont be ashamed to listen to Falconer, they rule immensely.