The official "I fucking hate Dragonforce" thread

I guess you couldn't really expect people from a forum like this to like power/epic metal bands like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Falconer, or Dragonforce.

Lets take it to the Stratovarious forum! Wait.. there isn't one? WHY NOT!?

Captain Beard said:
Blind Guardian, Falconer I likes.

Naturally, though I couldn't see why you would like them but not Dragonforce :)

Rhapsody I understand.. that's cheesiness to the extreme. But hey I still listen to them on occasion.

I rate Falconer higher than Hammerfall for cheese, and that's bad. But then again I don't suffer from the complex where Cheesey music makes me feel gay. :)

AsModEe said:
you know, the funny thing is that Rhapsody (of fire) released a new album recently but no one cares because they got extremely boring.

I dont think its out yet. I'll buy it though. Its perfect for the D&D nerd in me.
(wish knew the Family Guy quote about being such a fat bastard)

Cool cover
Looks like he is casting spells from the Players Handbook.

toa1ok2.jpg

eaeolian said:
Interestingly, that's what I don't like about them the most - I feel like they're very insincere, and all image and flash. They're good musicians, but their writing leaves something to be desired...

In other words, I endorse this thread. Yeuk.

/nod

Weazel said:
I guess you couldn't really expect people from a forum like this to like power/epic metal bands like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Falconer, or Dragonforce.

Lets take it to the Stratovarious forum! Wait.. there isn't one? WHY NOT!?
I don't mind Dragonforce. Blind Guardian is alright in my book, Flaconer too. I just hate Rhapsody. At least Manowar is cheesy in a "we're going to kick your ass because we are so metal" kind of way. Rhapsody is like "let's put on robes with hoods, make some spells, have a keyboard player play 2 keyboards, have a vocalist that tries to sound emotional but just sounds flat and boring, Lord Of The Rings, Dungeons And Dragons" sort of cheesiness. I hate that kind of shit.
I even like Hammerfall and Stratovarius, although I don't think Strato ever has or ever will top Fright Night, and I hate Kotipelto. Besides that his voice can get on my nerves at times, his solo music sucks so badly. Joakim Cans' side project was not bad.
I don't even understand how all these power metal bands can rip off bands like Manowar, Iron Maiden (not power metal but a big influence on the genre), Savatage and Agent Steel yet sound like pop bands. I blame bands like Helloween for that.

I thought they were mildly good till I saw their "Betya Cant Play This" thing on Guitar World OnDemand.... Man, pure slop on a crappy lick, and the guy was cursing up a storm like he was the shit.

That Asian dude has the ego of Yngwie, and half the talent.

Without Pro Tools these guys would still be mopping the jizz off the peep show windows.

yeah i saw the betya can't play this thing also, it was really surprising because on the cd and when i saw them live it seemed like they could play really well but the demonstration was just so sloppy it was ridiculous.