The official "I fucking hate Dragonforce" thread

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but in mine, calling Rhapsody boring is one of the dumbest fucking statements ever. The complexity of the music and the fucking arrangements is a feat in and of itself.

Dragonforce....mehn. I find them dull and boring now, they have good energy but I just dont care for them anymore.

Super Mahrio said:
i am not ashamed of my love for Falconer!
and what about Brainstorm? they fucking slay!
I find Brainstorm a bit too generic.... but Falconer first album is excellent.

Lunar Still said:
Dark Moor is so much better than Dragonforce it's actually retarded.

That said, I don't own a Dragonforce CD, but all the songs I've heard are basically the same shit. They do put on an awesome live show, though.

<3 dark moor and <3 helloween

En Vind said:
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but in mine, calling Rhapsody boring is one of the dumbest fucking statements ever. The complexity of the music and the fucking arrangements is a feat in and of itself.
I don't think Rhapsody is THAT complex. You want complex and technical, listen to Death/Control Denied, Atheist, Cynic, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Dream Theater, Simone Fiorletta, Seventh Wonder, Time Requiem/Darkane (Time Requiem used to have Peter Wildoer, and he did the best drumming of his career on the self titled debut) etc.

Metal head87 said:
I don't think Rhapsody is THAT complex. You want complex and technical, listen to Death/Control Denied, Atheist, Cynic, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Dream Theater, Simone Fiorletta, Seventh Wonder, Time Requiem/Darkane (Time Requiem used to have Peter Wildoer, and he did the best drumming of his career on the self titled debut) etc.

Honestly Rhapsody is as complex is any of those, more so than Mercyful Fate or King Diamond.......may not as much as Spastic Ink or Athiest.

Metal head87 said:

Your way off base. Listen to the Orchestra arrangements and the modulations within the songs, think about the painstaking process of writing each part for the individual instruments in the orchestra and the choirs. Im not trying to say Rhapsody is the most complex or original band ever, but speaking from experience (choral and orchestral arrangements), the work that goes into the music is very intense.

Anyway, Im just sick of this "power metal is so gay" nonsense, even if some of it is in jest.

En Vind said:
Your way off base. Listen to the Orchestra arrangements and the modulations within the songs, think about the painstaking process of writing each part for the individual instruments in the orchestra and the choirs. Im not trying to say Rhapsody is the most complex or original band ever, but speaking from experience (choral and orchestral arrangements), the work that goes into the music is very intense.

That may be but you can't deny that it sounds horribkly tacky and cheesy. And Rhapsody tends to have quite a lot of musical themes and melodies that seem to recur VERY often. I wouldn't call it boring, but you can't say I'm wrong when I say it gets very repetitive at times.

Vacant_Planets said:
Honestly Rhapsody is as complex is any of those, more so than Mercyful Fate or King Diamond.......may not as much as Spastic Ink or Athiest.
Actually, Them and Abigail from King Diamond are way more complex and technical than anything I have heard from Rhapsody. Mercyful Fate is also really technical if you listen to Melissa, Don't Break The Oath and In The Shadows. The more you listen to it, the more you will realize it. I doubt Rhapsody could pull off a song like Satan's Fall or The Oath and sound as tight but spontaneous and Mercyful Fate did.

Metal head87 said:
Actually, Them and Abigail from King Diamond are way more complex and technical than anything I have heard from Rhapsody. Mercyful Fate is also really technical if you listen to Melissa, Don't Break The Oath and In The Shadows. The more you listen to it, the more you will realize it. I doubt Rhapsody could pull off a song like Satan's Fall or The Oath and sound as tight but spontaneous and Mercyful Fate did.

I must disagree, I've known how to play the songs on "Them" for years on guitar. Only "The Invisible Guests" comes anywhere close to Rhapsody.

Vacant_Planets said:
I must disagree, I've known how to play the songs on "Them" for years on guitar. Only "The Invisible Guests" comes anywhere close to Rhapsody.
There were songs on the album more complicated than The Invisible Guests. I guess we disagree on Rhapsody.
Maybe the reason you could play the Them songs is because you've heard it more or it is closer to your technique.
Either way, I hear much more technical and complicated stuff from King than I do from Rhapsody, and it's not like I've never listened to Rhapsody before.

Weazel, do you have a relative named I M?