The Official Metal Month Thread

I bought it, it's just OK. Cool for writing but the OH leave a lot to be desired and there's zero control on the drums; toms are all one stereo track and there aren't separate snare mic controls. The good snares sound similar to each other, as well.

I bought it, it's just OK. Cool for writing but the OH leave a lot to be desired and there's zero control on the drums; toms are all one stereo track and there aren't separate snare mic controls. The good snares sound similar to each other, as well.

Usually they record an SD set with an EZX set so I imagine sometime down the road we will get a more mixable set. Probably next year sometime.

The OH leave a lot to be desired and there's zero control on the drums; toms are all one stereo track and there aren't separate snare mic controls.

I won't buy. I was GASing until I checked this image on toontrack's site (confirmed by Jeff) :devil:
(Well, accutually you should be able to separate the tom tracks by exporting/consolidating one tom each time)

screenshot2_big.jpg

I'm going to stick with Metal Machine+LSD Drums+Clearmountain+Metal Foundry OH.
(Sometimes I use my old SSD library too).

Edited: Blending with CharlesJ's ONE SHOTS

Now let's wait for Steven Slate to FIX THE MIDI ISSUE.
Cheers!

Hey Jeft, how about opening the kit in superior drumer?? same channels? is there any way to tweak and add each tom as an x drum?

I won't buy. I was GASing until I checked this image on toontrack's site (confirmed by Jeff) :devil:
(Well, accutually you should be able to separate the tom tracks by exporting/consolidating one tom each time)

screenshot2_big.jpg

I'm going to stick with Metal Machine+LSD Drums+Clearmountain+Metal Foundry OH.
(Sometimes I use my old SSD library too).

Edited: Blending with CharlesJ's ONE SHOTS

Now let's wait for Steven Slate to FIX THE MIDI ISSUE.
Cheers!

less control than drumkit from hell!!.... damn!!

dfh_mixer.jpg

I really don't think this is accurate; Metal Machine provided otherwise, and there are a TON of EZX kits that don't have S2.0 counterparts.

Never say never - the Jazz EZX came out in 2009 which was from the same recording session as the Roots SD set released last year - more than two years apart. We'll just have to see.

Do you think EZ mix is a good tool to learn mixing techniques from?

i didn't say anything about learning techniques, i was saying that for a beginner like me (i'm a hobbyist, not a professional) it makes the whole mixing deal much simpler with less variables (but maybe that's just me). if i had the time, space, and more importantly, the $$$, i would love to be able to learn how to do it the professional way (it's been kind of a pipe dream of mine to be able to do a whole record with analog equipment and REAL drums and such).

An amp&cab preset pack for EZMIX 2 with presets from Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah), Mattias IA Eklundh (Freak Kitchen), Misha "Bulb" Mansoor (Periphery) and Devin Townsend (ex-Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Project).
Not the artists I personally expect a suitable guitar sound for me :(

An amp&cab preset pack for EZMIX 2 with presets from Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah), Mattias IA Eklundh (Freak Kitchen), Misha "Bulb" Mansoor (Periphery) and Devin Townsend (ex-Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Project).
Not the artists I personally expect a suitable guitar sound for me :(

At least i will give it a chance... you never have enougth guitar sounds

check this
http://blog.timespace.com/2012/10/as-metal-month-begins-ultimate-metal-drummer-dirk-verbeuren-talks-to-timespace/

For the non Germans:
- Rock Solid - Randy Staub EZX
- Metal Guitar Gods: Amp&Speaker Presets (i guess for EZMix 2)
- 2 Midi Libraries
- Producer Packs (Presets) for SD 2.0
- some kind of stripped down Metal Bundles for SD and EZDrummer (whatever this means...)

That sucks! I want a new and better TMF :bah:

If you were in Superior, you should be able to load each tom as a x-drum, then place the close mic on a new channel. Of course the channel strips on the mix console will be all whack, bur who cares most of us don't even use the SD2.0 mix console, just put each track to its own daw output and organize it in the DAW.

You can do it as an X drum but it still gives you a new stereo track just called "xdrum-toms" that's pre-panned. You can make multiple "xdrum-toms" tracks and pan them as you wish but otherwise it's set in stone.

I see. thank you Jeff!

It would be nice if toontrack did a prog rock ezx or sdx. Something with lots of cymbals, snares, roto toms..lol! Gavin Harrison, Mark Zonder, or even Portnoy Midi and hits would be nice. maybe recorded by Terry Brown or someone like that.

look at 03:04, there it is the next week product... A Superior Drummer (I think is for Avatar) preset called Kolloss. Another week without nothing good.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator: