The official movie thread

I watched The Seventh Seal a while ago. Strange movie, don't know what to think of it yet. I know I'm supposed to say it is genious and all that... I have to watch it again I guess.

But there is one thing I can say, Bibi Andersson (in this movie) is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, really.

Watched The Fountain twice since I bought it on tuesday. I dunno why, but this film just does it for me like almost no film has done before. I love it.

Also we watched the film Brick in my cinema class on tuesday, and it was amazing. Anyone seen it? Really unique and well done.

I watched The Seventh Seal a while ago. Strange movie, don't know what to think of it yet. I know I'm supposed to say it is genious and all that... I have to watch it again I guess.

But there is one thing I can say, Bibi Andersson (in this movie) is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, really.
I bought this DVD from my birthday vouchers, still have to watch it..

Hmmm, allow me to add my 2 cents to the movie discussion!

I thought Brick was okay, but to me it was one of those movies I'd give a B to, plenty of ambition and a good attempt at making a somewhat diferent or original crime noir piece, but not a perfect or exceptional movie in the least.

Have not seen Blades of Glory, not a real big fan of Will Farell and the Napolean Dymanite dude has been in a lot of comedies it seems that have missed the mark with critics, so I'm not in any hurrt to see it. Stranger than Fiction was a charming little tale though woth watching IMO and for comedies to see, Knocked Up sounds like it is a winner. I'm one of the majority who loved The 40-Year Old Virgin.

Going to watch The Fountain this weekend, my expectiaons are realistic I think. Really looking forward to seeing it though the more I think about it.

Shrek III sounds like it's lost quite a bit of it's touch and ideas with the third installment. Which is a bummer as I love the first two. I'll probably go see it in a few weks or something still.

Not a movie, but I'll probably will watch a few more episode of The Sopranos this weekend to which point I should be then starting the fourth season next week. I don't think I'll catch up in time for the series finale :( It's getting harder and harder to avoid spoiilers, so PLEASE don't mention anything to me about it's curtrent affairs without a SPOILER tag - thank you :)

I downloaded Ichi the Killer and need to burn it to DVD this weekend as well, doubt I'll get to see it yet though as too much to do, but with a 4 day weekend next weekend I'll be watching some flicks then!

Hmmm, allow me to add my 2 cents to the movie discussion!

I thought Brick was okay, but to me it was one of those movies I'd give a B to, plenty of ambition and a good attempt at making a somewhat diferent or original crime noir piece, but not a perfect or exceptional movie in the least.

Yeah, thats what I liked about it. That old noir style crime film put into a modern day high school setting. Pretty interesting and funny at times with the nods to the old films.

Rev Jim mentioned Sopranos.. has anyone seen the Dexter series?

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/dexter

:heh: Premium cable channel dramas are practically just little parts of a great big extended movie, or close enough right?

I've heard from others this series is really good. Might have to download the 1st season as I don't have Showtime. Although I did snag a couple seasons of the Showtime Penn and Teller series: Bullshit a bit ago.

Where did you buy it? Or is it widely available? I watched it on crappy mpg format.
All Ingmar Bergman films are pretty widely available on DVD as 'Ingmar Bergman collection' series. I bought it at Free Record Shop in Utrecht, where it obviously had been on the shelf for some time, judging by the wear on the case.

Any DVD-shop with a good selection should have it, or should at least be able to order it for you. And otherwise order online, check this site to see where you can get in the cheapest: http://elcheapo.nl.

Anyone saw the last episode of Heroes this week... damn it was good.
(and yeah, i am a sucker for superhero movie/series)
bloody damn hell that we have to wait ´til sep-oct for season two though

and yes, angelina, you have to start watching lost. it is awesome :)