The Official PR-Hooey Thread!

Don't know the Dismember pic - it is the photo in red where Katatonia are posing in front of a large cross. That was actually the only thing a "studio-report" in RH was talking about...

Ad copy kindly supplied by Rod Smith from decibel about Raging Speedhorn’s latest release:

"How the Great Have Fallen is one of the few metal releases of the past 250 years that might actually get a body laid."

you know, in any other context, I'd admire the guy for having the brass balls to make such a claim.

Just saw an interview with them with a photo of the band, some members wearing street wear with baseball caps and stuff...Nuclear Blast obviously pays really badly or these weren't the official promotional shots.

Occam's Razor said:
Just saw an interview with them with a photo of the band, some members wearing street wear with baseball caps and stuff...Nuclear Blast obviously pays really badly or these weren't the official promotional shots.

Pure speculation:

Bal-Sagoth seems to be the definition of a "What? They're on our label?" priority for Nuclear Blast. Remember The Power Cosmic, when the photos used were just the Battle Magic photos with lightsabers added in? And no booklet?

Their bio on the Nuclear Blast site uses the adjective "baroque" five times.

Makes me wonder why this album took so long to come out.

I hope Byron (or somebody from that band... anyone ever see an interview with a Maudling?) agrees to answers the 100 Questions. You know, the one with 127 questions. :D

Bal Sagoth (or at least Byron) is on the cover of the new Zero Tolerance. He's always worn a baseball cap, etc, as far as I know. I remember folks whining about it years ago, as he'd come on stage brandishing a huge sword but looked like a regular biker type who just walked in off the street. I guess people were expecting the sort of thing that Turisas and the likes get up to these days...

Byron ten years ago in Ablaze magazine (translated back into English)

"There is absolutely no room here for the disgusting religion of this slave-Christ. The same goes for the decrepit belief of the muslims, Islam. It should not be practiced here on this ancient, sacred and heathen soil. When the first servants of Christ came to my land a long time ago to pollute it with their puny belief, they should have been killed immediately and every Christian servant following them as well."

Da heathen with da basecap...I hope he's become the wiser...:heh:

Occam's Razor said:
Da heathen with da basecap...I hope he's become the wiser...:heh:

Well if he's wearing a Cleveland Indians or Atlanta Braves baseball cap, and not a California Angels baseball cap, for instance, he would be supporting the heathens with his choice of cap. :p

Well, to revive this thread a little, I found this advertised elsewhere on UM.

Wouldn't we all love to be there...?:lol: What a great diversity of bands.

"Death in the Forest, New York's First Extreme Open-Air Metal Festival, is now on sale at all Ticketmaster locations, online at ticketmaster.com, and charge by phone. Additionally, tickets can be purchased straight from Watchers Entertainment.

featuring 2 stages, and 120,000 watts of sound

the lineup is as follows:

Immolation
Vital Remains
Skinless
Impaled
Typhus
Nephillim
Engorge
Fecal Corpse
Dimentionon
Withersoul
Bloodthrone
The Green Evening Requiem
Quinta Essenta
Calmsite
Semper Tyrannis
Death Sick
Blood Feast Island Man
Grim Monolith
Nathaniel White
Expulsive Incision
Divinity Destroyed
and many more...

over 200 vendors, including record labels and distros, music equipment manufacturers, natl and intl press and media, tattoo+piercing, leather shops, fetish vendors, comic books, food and beer vendors, Jagermeister and the Jagerettes, armor vendors, etc...

May 20th, 2006. Orange County Fair Grounds, Middletown, New York.

sponsored by Watchers Entertainment, D'addario, NYDM, Omni Metro Studios, Rockland World Radio, Jagermeister, and Rock Fantasy."

Daath has signed to Roadrunner Records. From the press release:

Continues Levi, "Since the beginning, we've believed that Roadrunner was the most appropriate label for DAATH. They are the torch bearers for the metal world and we are proud to be joining their family."

Torch bearers for the metal world?

Eyal Levi is no stranger to a lot of press, though. His father is former Atlanta Symphony Orchestra conductor Yoel Levi (who also conducted the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra on Yngwie's Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in Eb minor, Op. 1), and Eyal used to be in a band called Lost Breed (not the Hellhound band) in Atlanta, and as an unsigned band opened for Queensrÿche and Type O Negative in 1994 I believe in a 15,000+ seat venue, and had his picture on the front page of the daily paper the next day.

There's some news you won't find on Blabbermouth. :D

ROLLER RAPPER KICKS OFF ROLLER LOVE SKATING TOUR OF ROUTE 66 ON JULY 6

Los Angeles, CA-----Robby Love, a.k.a. The Roller Rapper, a Hollywood, CA. resident, is a performing artist who will kick off his roller skating tour of the entire length of historic Route 66 in Chicago. The Roller Rapper will be the first person to ever roller skate the entire Route 66! He embarks upon his record breaking and ambitious journey with a performance at the USA Skates Roller Rink in Chicago July 6.

His performances along Route 66 are aimed at bringing people together across the nation for a celebration of giving and love on a tour that will benefit St. Jude Children´s Research Hospital and 16 other local charities along the way.

50% of online sales of the newly released Roller Rapper CD will go directly to Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital. The Roller Rapper will visit children hospitals during every tour stop and give out Roller Rapper Teddy Bears.

Multi-Grammy winner, the legendary KC of KC & The Sunshine Band, and Howard Lee Gatch, are the personal managers for the Roller Rapper. KC, who made music history with 4 #l hits in one year, states, "I feel that the Roller Rapper song and video is something that is fun, upbeat, and positive. During serious times, people seem to enjoy and embrace positive entertainment and his instant popularity achievining #1 on IFilm.com seems to confirm that," states Lee.Gatch

Rick Finch, the co-founder of KC & The Sunshine Band, produced The Roller Rapper's hit single. Finch has produced 12 #1 hits, received 7 Grammy nominations, and won 4 Grammy awards.

A movie and a music video for his new single "Skate" will be shot during his exciting adventure. Tyrone Dixson, award winning producer of "Rollbounce and 8 WheelDoc" will be the the producer for the Roller Rapper movie and music video.

"With all the struggles in the world, the problems with family life and with youth obesity, I feel there has never been a greater need for an entertainer like me to promote an event that is healthy, fun and brings people together in a positive way," states the Roller Rapper. "To keep the entire world involved in my nostalgic and historic tour, we will be filing daily video blogs that will be posted on the website(www.rollertour.com) so everyone can join the fun and adventures that will highlight all of the fascinating faces and places that make Route 66 a unique travel experience," he concludes.

Some of the cities that the Roller Rapper will visit include Chicago, Springfield Il., St. Louis, Springfield Mo., Wichita, Ks, Tulsa, Ok., Amarillo, Tx., Albuquerque, NM., Santa Fe, NM, Flagstaff, Az., Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Ca. and Los Angeles.The Roller Rapper will be accompanied by the famous Love Girls who are a stunningly beautiful group of entertainers who add fun and glamour to the shows.

The Roller Rapper predicts that his skating marathon of the entire length of Route 66 will end in L.A. in mid-August. This is the 80 year anniversary of Route 66 which makes it a more special event. "I am trying to bring the nation together in a celebration of love to promote the idea of showing kindness and giving love unconditionally to others. I am proud that my music never features violence, drugs, bling-bling or blatant sexuality," states the Roller Rapper.

OPRAH has been invited to join the Roller Rapper in Chicago on July 6th at the USA Skates roller rink. The Roller Rapper has asked OPRAH to select her favorite charity, and monies will be raised for OPRAH's selected charity throughout the tour.

For a Private Interview with The Roller Rapper Robby Love Contact Bruce Merrin Public Relations/Las Vegas/33 Year Anniversary/(702)367-0331 http://www.celebrityspeakersentertainment.com

Roller Love Tour Information go to http://rollertour.com

Robby Love info go to http://rollerrapper.com

From the Century Media mailorder program:

"Autumn Offering, The - Embrace The Gutter The Autumn Offering have perfected a dynamic blend of metal styles that expresses their outrage against the shallow beach culture and vacuous values of southern Florida. What makes them stand out from the pack is their seamless blend of the mind-boggling solos and rock and roll stylings of heroes like Guns 'N Roses with traditional metal's darker outlook and heavy riffing made popular by bands like Pantera, Shadows Fall and Slayer. "

So G'n'R LA-glam culture will be less shallow than "beach culture" if you blend it with metal from da street?