The Official PR-Hooey Thread!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=52846

"On the subject of STRAPPING YOUNG LAD's new album, "The New Black" (due July 11), Devin said, "With this record, we just set out to make a really good-sounding, riotous record to listen to, and we achieved that. It's what it needed to be. Fans will like it. I mean, considering the amount of time we had to do it, I think we did a really good job.""

Is it me, or is this code for "This album is kind of ehhhhh...."?

Does Kristkore finally get self-ironic? - From Ferret Records' press-sheet for Zao's new album with the significant title The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here:

"Zao, a band whose backwoods roots have allowed them to stay one step ahead of the trends by staying true to their isolated selves."

Sorry, but I cannot help thinking about a bunch of hillbillies or Amish people fucking their sisters.:lol:

Read this the other day. Then just saw this thread.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/DirtyAmericans/bio.aspx

"In a world of prefabricated, preconceived so called rock bands, Dirty Americans are truly a breath of fresh air: they kick out the fucking jams with reckless, ruthless abandon, with little regard for trends or pretense. Strange Generation shakes, rattles, and rolls, and will grab the attention of modern rock and classic rock fans alike. You have been warned – the bar is about to be raised. Artists such as The White Stripes and Kid Rock may have put Detroit Rock City back on the map, but it is Dirty Americans that are going to keep it there. Fuck Generation X. To Hell with Generation Y. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this Strange Generation, with Strange Generation as the soundtrack? Follow the Dirty Americans credo! Let there be rock! "

um. yeah.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53565

Read the headline. "OMG BAND ARRESTED!!!!!!"

Followed by three paragraphs of "information."

First paragraph basically repeats the headline, mentions the date, and mentions that the source of the news was the band. And "details are sketchy."

PLUS AS A BONUS!!!!!

Two paragraphs of information about the re-release of their 1999 album! BUY BUY BUY!

Even if they very well may be illegal firearm smugglers! :p

"COLD GRUNTS, MELODIC GROWLING. SOUNDS LIKE A POLAR BEARS' FISTING FRENZY, BUT IT'S JUST NOUMENA'S 2ND ALBUM, SCULPTED FROM STURDY KARELIAN ROCK."

Spikefarm advertisement for Anatomy of Life

No, I don't like a half-hearted execution of earlier Amorphis and Sentenced with Hetfieldish vocal undertones and female guest appearances. Half hearted execution without direction and memorable songs, this is...a polar bear's fart, maybe...:lol:

Maybe it is just a happening then.

"Huge songs, wonderfully played and packed full of goodies. Melodies to die for, vocals to kiss you back to health."

Steve Switt Power Play (used as copy in an ad for Sirenia Nine Destinations of a Downfall)

So this is like having your mom, aunt or grandma by your bedside as little kid?

At the bottom page there is an ad for Echoes of Eternity with pretty standard prose--but I guess the ample and bared clevage of the singer at the front and center of the band photo means that The Forgotten Goddess will do more than "kiss you back to health."

I find Naglfar getting weaker with every record. Plus: they are all image. Their singer also looks like that Dracula-character from Sesame Street...what's his name in the English version?

I find Naglfar getting weaker with every record. Plus: they are all image. Their singer also looks like that Dracula-character from Sesame Street...what's his name in the English version?

The Count

It reminds me of what a stand-up friend of mine once said:

"Well, comedians look at Carrot Top like vampires look at Count Chocula."

haha...It's something like "Count Number" in German, because he teaches numbers...Anyway: Naglfar are overrated, and I find the lyrics to the new album dumb, especially with reference to the late Dissection frontman. It seems like they are an hommage to him.