The Official Royal Carnage YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN Thread

Edman! Edman! Edman! Eclipse was such a return to form for Yngwie.

Mark Boals is cool I admit. Have you got his new solo album? It is supposed to be brilliant.

JayKeeley said:
Yep - I actually pulled it out of my archives....not as bad as I had remembered it to be honest....interested to read your take on it.

Uh huh, havin' to eat your words? How do they taste? :tickled:

So, what is your beef with the album, if I may inquire? How are the vocals? Honestly, I don't know who Doogie White is... Doogie... what kinda name.... jeez..

Papa Josh said:
Uh huh, havin' to eat your words? How do they taste? :tickled:
Wait - all I said is that it's not quite as bad as I had originally remembered, meaning there are two songs that I like (instead of none). Seriously, when I first heard it, I couldn't believe that I found myself hating each song to the next.

OK here is my list of Yngwie albums (in order from best to worst):

Rising Force
Eclipse
Trilogy
Marching Out
Magnum Opus
Odyssey
Fire and Ice
War to End all Wars
Facing the Animal
Alchemy
Seventh Sign
Attack

Not including Concerto or live albums in the list.
So, what is your beef with the album, if I may inquire? How are the vocals? Honestly, I don't know who Doogie White is... Doogie... what kinda name.... jeez..
There aren't enough memorable hooks for me. You know how you listen to a Yngwie album, and there are always those songs that get caught in your head because the choruses are so cool? There are practically none on Attack.

Vocals are fine. They are very similar to Joe Lynn Turner / Graham Bonnet style - and note that Doogie took over in the Rainbow ranks so Blackmore had already done the homework on Malmsteen's behalf, seeing as he loves Rainbow leftovers. Quit Rainbow? Go see Yngwie for your next vocation.

Doogie is a Geordie (meaning, he comes from Newcastle, England). Doogie is a nickname for Douglas. He also has a side band called Cornerstone, where their debut is supposed to be very, very good indeed. I've yet to hear it.

Right now I'm on a mission to get more Goran Edman material - Glory, Madison, Kharma, Brazen Abbot...it's all tough stuff to find, but he is easily one of my favorite vocalists.

OK, Malmsteen's been selected for the next G3 tour:

Satriani
Vai
Malmsteen

I have to admit, I would love to see that trio on stage together....but I don't think I'd fly to the other side of the country for it...so who's going?

Oct. 04 - Glen Ellen, CA - B.R. Cohn Winery
Oct. 09 - Thu Dodge Theatre - Phoenix, AZ
Oct. 10 - House Of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
Oct. 11 - Humphrey's By The Bay - San Diego, CA
Oct. 12 - Sun Reno Hilton Theatre - Reno, NV
Oct. 15 - Paramount Theatre - Seattle, WA
Oct. 16 - Portland, OR - Portland Art Museum
Oct. 17 - Chronicle Pavilion - Concord, CA
Oct. 18 - Greek Theatre - Los Angeles, CA
Oct. 20 – Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium