The Official What-do-you-do-for-a-living Thread!

I think of studying Latin as third subject, but I'm not sure, because I would have to learn greek in that case...
Do it, it will be worth it. You don't realise how it comes in handy sometimes, but it really does. I studied Latin myself for a year, and quit, but now I regret I did so. Might aswell do a course on Latin when I get back to studying.

As for now, I have a fulltime job, I'm a cashier. It fucking sucks, because you don't seem to need any intelligence for the job, and I would like to use my head just a bit more. I hope to go back to college next year (februari or september 2009), if I find something I like.

haha, i have no idea what any of your systems mean :p

USA:
Kindergarten + Elementary School = 6 years K & Grades 1-5
Jr. High/Middle School = 3 years Grades 6-8
High School = 4 years (some take accelerated courses and go three, but that is definitely not the average even for people bound for good colleges) Grades 9-12.
And then you apply to college, which is 4 years for undergraduate, though many people return to pursue higher degrees.

..so the night supervisor also HAS to bake?! :zombie:

Actually we have a "Manager", A "Second Manager" and two supervisor, and they all work in front most of the time, helping the girls and serving the client.

As a "Night supervisor", our job is to bake, clean (boos boy) and do some preparation (soup, salad, cheese blah eventho this is not really necessary for the night) but also lead the two girls that are in front cause right now they do absolutely nothing, sleeping in the back store etc, so our job is to be sure that everything is ok.

We will not be "Supervisor" actually, (this mean we won't be paid as supervisor) cause me and my friend (we are the fulltime day bossboy) have been there only for a month or so, they trust us enough to let us lead the night, but not enough actually to be "supervisor" and to have an hand on stock and cash, which is normal too.

But yeah, we will be allow do the fuck we want as long as we do our job, which means baking, cleaning, preparing and giving orders :lol:

As a "Night supervisor", our job is to bake, clean (boos boy) and do some preparation (soup, salad, cheese blah eventho this is not really necessary for the night) but also lead the two girls that are in front cause right now they do absolutely nothing, sleeping in the back store etc, so our job is to be sure that everything is ok.

^soup

Do it, it will be worth it. You don't realise how it comes in handy sometimes, but it really does. I studied Latin myself for a year, and quit, but now I regret I did so. Might aswell do a course on Latin when I get back to studying.

I already left my basic latin exams behind me a few months ago (it is a duty if you want to study history here) and you're right, it's extremely handy if you can translate the hard roman stuff and the pretty easy medieval textes, so you don't have to rely on the translations already given. But studying latin is another story... so much to learn plus greek is turning me off. Then again, the fun and the job guarantee is turning me on ;)

What will you study when you get back to it?

Going into my third year of college, as a music business major.

Work at a grocery store and at a sports store throwing boxes off trucks

Currently in my last year in college, going to University next year (inb4 Americans are like "lolwut college?" IT WORKS DIFFERENTLY HERE)
belushi_in_animal_house.jpg

I'm finishing my last year of my bachelor's degree this year. While at school, I work at the school library. While at home (like I am now), I work for a temp agency. The temp agency is currently sucking balls and hasn't called me with a placement for almost three weeks. It sucks a lot.

OMG! that was exactly me when I was an undergrad!!

haha, those "girls" seem like a pair of lazies...

My masters is in English....stupid me.

that's not stupid.. that makes you master the lang even more!! :Spin::Spin:

I already left my basic latin exams behind me a few months ago (it is a duty if you want to study history here) and you're right, it's extremely handy if you can translate the hard roman stuff and the pretty easy medieval textes, so you don't have to rely on the translations already given. But studying latin is another story... so much to learn plus greek is turning me off. Then again, the fun and the job guarantee is turning me on ;)

What will you study when you get back to it?

It's odd, I only did Latin for a year (second year in highschool, so 7 years ago now 0.o), and sometimes I still recognise words, and well... it's fun:D
Greek wasn't that bad IMO, but then again, I love to learn new languages.
A job guarantee is always good, there's sooo many studies that don't guarantee anything.

Not sure what I want to study, but I've been thinking about something with history, latin, art, or forensic pathology :loco: Just have to get in university for every study that has to do something with one of those things, and well... that requires another year in college, but I hate our college system. So I could wait untill I'm 21 (you can do some test to get in uni then), or just do some boring study for a year and hope I get all studypoints. Argh.

Well, I'll try to explain:p

First, we have primary school, which you start with when you're 4, and it takes 8 years (although 7 for me, muhahah).
Then, based on your intelligence, you can either go to VMBO (for the not-so-smart kids, this takes 4 years), HAVO (5 years, and for the average pupil), or VWO (6 years, for the apparently smart kids).
If you finish HAVO, you can go straight into college, and if you finish VWO, you can go to university.
However, because VWO takes 1 more year than HAVO, you can also go to university if you do one year in college, and get 60 studypoints. If you get those studypoints, you will get a so called "propedeuse", which is basically a diploma that proves you're a good student, and you can handle university.
Hope you understand it now:)