What do you do?

Holy Shit! Sixxswine, I kinda knew what you did but didn't know it was that hardcore! So do you have a degree in Social Work? My wife has her social work degree but later went into nursing.

Me? I work as a sales rep for an oil company/distributor. My degree is in Psychology. I planned on teaching high school! But an internship got me headed a different direction after graduation. Never thought I'd be in the oil business.

Good thread. Can't wait to hear what the rest of you all do!

I actually work with addicts. It's kind of a cross between probation officer/addictions counseling. I actually took the job 9 years ago, thinking "I just got married & need to do something until something I really want to do comes along." Well I'm still here! I actually wanted to get into law enforcement... Go figure?

I am a utility arborist for the Davey Tree Expert Company, the second largest tree care company in the world. What I do is trim or remove trees growing around or under power lines using a bucket truck. It's a dangerous job but I am well paid and I love doing it!

sixxswine said:
I actually work with addicts. It's kind of a cross between probation officer/addictions counseling. I actually took the job 9 years ago, thinking "I just got married & need to do something until something I really want to do comes along." Well I'm still here! I actually wanted to get into law enforcement... Go figure?

Thats why we get along so well :) Me being a Recovering Alcoholic and a slight pot head and all :p I am a cook by fates choice its the only "Day" job that doesnt drive me insane ..... and I'm a aspiring Bass player unfortunetly that doesnt pay the bills as of yet so I cook

oh btw Sixx I got a Metal Church Boot from '91 I'm gonna send ya its 2 discs and sounds pretty good

I study illustration in college.

Recovering alcholic eh. I heard that isn't something easy to recover from. My mother's father died at the age of 40 for drinking too much.

I just finished a 3 year Media Arts course at uni. Now I have no idea what to do! Gotta look for a job now! Wanna work in sound production I think....

Apart from that though, my main goal is to be a rock star :headbang: Seriously though... I'd rather do music than anything else, and if it ever looks like I'm gonna get a break I'd throw everything else away for it.

MURAI said:
I study illustration in college.

Recovering alcholic eh. I heard that isn't something easy to recover from. My mother's father died at the age of 40 for drinking too much.

It gets easier with time but lol its always there I quit like 2 months before my 21st birthday lol But before that I drank for 5 years straight it was a full time job for me and it almost killed me I just take it one day at a time and listen to alot of METAL :p

JonnyD said:
It gets easier with time but lol its always there I quit like 2 months before my 21st birthday lol But before that I drank for 5 years straight it was a full time job for me and it almost killed me I just take it one day at a time and listen to alot of METAL :p
Pretty much the same as me, I quit about 6 months after my 21st. That was almost 12 years ago, and it definitely gets easier.

Sorry Sixx, didn't mean to turn your thread into a recovery meeting! :D

duckattack said:
Pretty much the same as me, I quit about 6 months after my 21st. That was almost 12 years ago, and it definitely gets easier.

Sorry Sixx, didn't mean to turn your thread into a recovery meeting! :D

Its always nice to meet ppl in the same situation lol its been 4 and a half years for me, as for turning the thread into a recovery meeting :p we dont drink its something we do! or dont do as it would be lol anyways I'll give you some negative rep in exchange for some Positive rep :)

No big deal. Me, I haven't drank since July 4th 1993. I didn't think I was an alcoholic then & don't now. I think the "party" thing wasn't for me anymore. I had a 9 month old kid at that time. Drank like a maniac & threw up on a friend's newly stained porch. In fact the stain from the "Swine Vomit" is still there...

For me it was a right of passage type thing. After "you're legal" I didn't get a kick out of doing it....

And not only that. Shortly after I got this gig. They started me out working with Juveniles, which I still do to this day(from time to time). I figured, knowing what I know about being a kid & authority type figures. "I can't be doing this if I'm working with kids." And wouldn't you know it. One of the first few things the kids ask "Do you drink or do drugs?"

Power Engineer who strives to blackout California whenever the opportunity arises. Was a power system dispatcher for many years, now do support work in the same.

I just graduated high school this past June. I don't wanna go to college. Just wanna get out there and make money. For now I am working full time at Target. I usually average about 45 hours a week. I am on the planogram team. What me and my co-workers do is tear down isles entirely reset it with new backer paper (wall paper), put the pegs and new labels up and get the product back up. Basically give the isles a makeover. Its a pretty high profile job in the store and we stand above the regular sales floor/cashier people and any promotion from planogram would usually result in a team lead position (manager). This job is just for now. What I actually wanna do unlike most people who do the job is be a post office delivery person. Most poeple take that job because they cant do anything else and it has a high suicide rate but I actually like the job, look at it as good exercise and always being outside. Its something I plan on looking into soon.