The one and only scale bender!

See? We can all get along if we just drop the religion/enlightenment bullshit and talk about some music or whatever. Dream Theater is cool =)

For some reason I thought you were some old burnt-out acid head :lol:

You keep assuming that nobody has ever tried to sort through religion. I spent years pulling myself through it, came to my own conclusions, and just didn't try to shove it on other people, so it just comes across funny.

Jeff

I've never tried it, but I suppose maybe I should give it a chance. But I wonder how much the "You think you're gonna have a bad trip, you're gonna get a bad trip" rule works, and just how far. They used to use Salvia as a healing tool for people with mental illnesses, or just a personal demon, so maybe the mindset will keep me in check. I just hope I don't see what I'm thinking I'm gonna see...

EDIT: Jeff, did you ever read "On The Origin Of The World" as a linear representation, in words, of the natural existence of matter, and the flow of time?

Anvil: I don't push shit. But even just to TRY and sort through religion can enlighten you the same way it does for me. I suppose I should mention that I wasn't ignoring the fact you guys were making the case that MY enlightenment was subjective because it is, but it's only because of what I read and was made to understand as truth that I would even come out here at all.

Yes, you're the only one to have experienced religion, to have sorted through it's ups and downs, it's beliefs and non-beliefs. You are the most experienced person here. :worship:

Get over yourself.

I've never tried it, but I suppose maybe I should give it a chance. But I wonder how much the "You think you're gonna have a bad trip, you're gonna get a bad trip" rule works, and just how far. They used to use Salvia as a healing tool for people with mental illnesses, or just a personal demon, so maybe the mindset will keep me in check. I just hope I don't see what I'm thinking I'm gonna see...

[Warrel Dane voice] And when they speak to me and the seven tongues align...[/Warrel Dane voice]

That song reminded me of you, haha

EDIT: Jeff, did you ever read "On The Origin Of The World" as a linear representation, in words, of the natural existence of matter, and the flow of time?

Is this a book on biology or philosophy? Jeff may not be an expert biologist but he does know a thing or two...

And as much as I know this is going to piss you off...
You are the most experienced person here. :worship:

QFT

Right. How stupid of me.

duh.jpg

Is this a book on biology or philosophy? Jeff may not be an expert biologist but he does know a thing or two...

The book just explains the beliefs of Gnosticism and the understanding of their "Genesis."

Anvil: You truly can't see the answer in the book? I mean...Really? Am I the only one who draws the conclusion that our flow of time is a mockery of the real flow in the heaven they describe in said book?

EDIT: I can dissect the book, if it pleases the court.

I guess you get used to the pain that point makes going in and out of your ass all the time, but I'll leave it as your cross to bear, not mine.