The Opeth board is down?

Yup something about people telling people where to get leaked albums. I read the thread in the Nevermore forum. I guess it will be back up when the new CD is released.

Yeah, I noticed it went down a while ago. A LOT of people on that forum had been discussing not only leaked songs, but the entire new album, which is obviously not out legally. And I think some of the people were giving it out through the forum. So I guess Opeth or Roadrunner just decided they had had enough, and closed the whole Forum.

I read about it on BWBK.com several days after I noticed it was down.

Supposedly after the album is released, it will be opened again, guess we'll see.

Sounds pretty good to me. Everything I've heard from everyone who's heard it is good, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. And not as Brutal as BWP is ok with me, after all Opeth is not the band I turn too when I want sheer brutality. An evolution of the Opeth sound is exactly what I'd most want out of a new Opeth album, can't wait for this one.

In related news, I was glad to hear that Lopez had not quit or been fired. It was confirmed through RR that he has actually returned to Sweden for treatment of a Rare Blood Disorder he suffers from.

Here's wishing him a swift recovery and return to the band!

Yeah, health problems suck. You can have all the money & success in the world but if your health is bad, nothing matters you would be able to enjoy it. I was looking forward to seeing him come back. Met him several times and hes a pretty nice dood. Yeah the new Opeth is exactly what I expected, but didnt epxect the drawn out one note momments within each song.