THE PACKAGE

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Okay, Sweet SavaRon Thanks dude! :wave: sent me the self-titled debut and FINAL album of Loudmouth. It's from 1999 and it's the first time I've heard of them.

They are versitle in their sound as there is a mix of 70's rock grooves (Maybe- I so needed the go-go boots!) and intros (Fly to me sounded like the opening of Helter Skelter and Not Free had some Steven Tyler rappin, ramblin lyrics), 80's classic beats (Rats in the Maze -Motley Crue sound) and often a 90's grunge/alternative sound(No Heros- defo KRQR material). IMO mostly sounds alternative rock but every so often I felt as if I should put on the go-go boots and mini-skirt and be dancing on laugh-in. :tickled:

Each song was mixed well with great hooks making for a good dancing rock album. The vocals are strong and steady and the guys sound tight and clean. It's produced well and sounds like they had a good time recording it. An all around good, strong debut and sounds like it should've gotten some good airplay as it's very radio friendly (imo).

There were no surprises in any of the songs for me. You always seemed to know what was coming and where it was going. My fave tracks off of it were
Lucky #7 which was the heaviest track for me
The Road- a good rock-n-roll bootie shaking song
Insecure- old ozzie type vocals in the beginning had me hooked right away!

I've gotten two addy's so far... I'll pick on Wed. and decide what to send!

Glad you enjoyed it! I think it's just a great hard rock record from front to back. I think your right, it has a mix of 70's, 80's, and a touch of 90's all mixed together. It's a shame they didn't get more push from the label, "Fly" was on the radio quite a bit down here in Tampa. That song was also on the Varsity Blues soundtrack. After that nothing and there were a ton of tracks that could have been singles. They broke up a year or two after that CD. To bad because two of the guys played together since like 5th grade. I should know, I went to school with them! Anybody that likes just a good rock and roll record, nothing fancy, should check this CD out. :headbang:

Anyway, Kittybeast you rock and keep this thing going!!!! I think it's cool, kinda like the old tape trading days! Only with total strangers! :loco:

Mxgonzo, You know I had to! :Spin:

SavaRon said:
Anyway, Kittybeast you rock and keep this thing going!!!! I think it's cool, kinda like the old tape trading days! Only with total strangers! :loco::

Well I may be strange if we meet @ PP VI but at least I won't be a stranger anymore! :tickled:

As I said before I have two peeps to choose from and if anyone wants in on the "lottery" I'll decide on Wed. :wave:

HA!, Just recieved it, thanks alot Kittybeast. The album I was sent is called "Days of the New", I hope that was all cause the package was opened (go figure)
Anyway a review will follow shortly and I need some addresses of people wanting it next.

zeppelin said:
HA!, Just recieved it, thanks alot Kittybeast. The album I was sent is called "Days of the New", I hope that was all cause the package was opened (go figure)
Anyway a review will follow shortly and I need some addresses of people wanting it next.

Did you get the Symphorce and The Haunted stickers and the letter?

Review: “Days of the New” 1997 Debut Release

Days of the New is an acoustically driven band fronted by Travis Meeks whose vocals lean towards the likes of Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) and Scott Stapp (Creed).
Whilst listening to this unplugged masterpiece, the first thing that comes to mind is the excellence of the bass player, Jesse Vest. The seemingly continuous base line is flawless and the intricacy of it captured me right from the start.
Another great asset to the band is guitar player Tod Whitener, who along with Meeks fully fills the roll of busy acoustic guitarists. They produce a sound that’s polished and clear and with every listen I can pick up on something different.
Although Meeks’ voice gives the band a grungy feel, the song structures are far more superior to that of regular grunge or alternative music. In other words it’s far better than let’s say, “Unplugged in New York “.
On the downside, the whole album feels like it’s stuck in second gear. Not a single track really stands out, apart from the first two songs, there are no real hooks and all is played at the same speed. I find it hard to listen to whole album without wondering off and it’s something I would rather put in a play list then listen to from front to back.
Overall I was left with a good impression and if easy listening acoustics are your cup of tea, this album is a must-have.

The above reflects an opinion and won’t be published.

The package should be on it's way again tomorrow. It sadens me to say that little interest was shown as to who would like it next :erk: