The photography thread

@LeSedna,

thanks for the tips, theres some post processing, using camera raw for it atm.
Just started editing my shots, and I know that I was using a bit too much of everything :D
Really got what you meant with the low end in the mix ;)
I think I have to do it the same way as I do while mixing, process the shots until I like them,
than set everything back about 20% at least, that way it's still more than enough.

Chiemsee%202.jpg

great pic!!!

Also Arvoitus, I'd get the D3100 with kit lens and a 50mm f1.8 lens or just with 50mm f1.8 on it's own. If you love bokeh you'll want a lens with a massive aperture (small F number) so that pretty much limits you to primes if you've just started out. Fuck it. Get a 50mm f1.8. There's a good reason everyone has them :)
Thanks for the advice man! But doesn't a prime give me a huge disadvantage because i can't change the zoom (so i have to put steps forwards/backwards).
A small F number would be cool for concert photography, but the lack of zoom would be a little bit difficult.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. This information is really usefull for me :)

Thanks for the advice man! But doesn't a prime give me a huge disadvantage because i can't change the zoom (so i have to put steps forwards/backwards).
A small F number would be cool for concert photography, but the lack of zoom would be a little bit difficult.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. This information is really usefull for me :)

Yes, you're correct. A prime is a non-zoom lens. (the reason they're usually sharper than a zoom). An f2.8 zoom lens is going to cost quite a bit...so just be prepared. ;) I'd LOVE to have one myself, but just can't justify the cost for something that is only a hobby.

grywolf627 said:
Yes, you're correct. A prime is a non-zoom lens. (the reason they're usually sharper than a zoom). An f2.8 zoom lens is going to cost quite a bit...so just be prepared. ;) I'd LOVE to have one myself, but just can't justify the cost for something that is only a hobby.

Yep $150 vs $2000... Quite a severe difference. For that amount of money I dealt with stepping forward and backward for a long time lol.

Glenn, cheers man, glad you like the panorama

::XeS:: said:
Amazing Pano!
I read in the note 15 images, 2 shots each...can you explain? Is that HDR or Photoshop?

Sure. The panorama consists of 30 total photos. One exposure for the sky and one for the stadium.

It was both. I did the HDR first, (one for each exposure), then stitched both images in Photoshop. Then the images were aligned and I blended to taste.