The photography thread

Was on vacation so got a bunch of more shots!

Mauritius:

34805_10150217904065713_683850712_13250323_8027171_n.jpg

Is it the Ile du cerves? I was there on October.

@brian/arv_foh: Thanks a lot man! the dessert safari one really makes shows a huge difference! i'll definitely start editing some more and with reference ( probably yours as well :p )
About buying a dslr; i understand dof, aperture, and some things, so i'm sure it won't be too hard to figure out what button does what, but what i meant was that i'm just starting out, so i still have to develop my eye for getting a good shot or capturing the moment... so its like i can't really justify getting one when i don't even know whether i'm any good at all or not i guess... like a beginner guitarist wouldn't buy a gibson rite off that bat right? i dunno, my brain rambles alot with me...
ps: in the sunset shot the bright spot on top was not a pixel flare, but actually venus. which i wanted in the pic :)

@mark/grywolf: Will definitely look into both of them. And thanks for the link.. a very good read!

@rlcramer: I love your Rhode island shot man!

@Glenn: You're desktop shot looks like a product shot!

@Jevil: Yup! That's Ile aux Cerf! Its a really cool little island... did you try driving the speed-boat also? it was a blast!

Keep the great pics coming guys!

First of all, I'm noob on photography, I bought a compact Canon G10 last year with full manual control and watched some Youtube videos about photography basics.
Here there are some of my favorites.

NGORONGORO CRATER (Tanzania) - My firts HDR attempt
ngorongorosmall.jpg

NGORONGORO (Tanzania)
filadenuessmall.jpg

hipposatardecersmall.jpg

LAKE NAKURU (Kenya) - Added some kind of Dragan effect.
rhinosasmall.jpg

MASAAI MARA (Kenya) - Slight post processing.
elefantemasaaimarasmall.jpg

PYRENEES MONTAINS
perronievesmall.jpg

LONDON - Slight post porcessing
picadillysmall.jpg

PARENTS HOUSE - Testing the Macro and MF
teclaspianosmall.jpg

nice shots man!
my parents also went to masaai mara couple of years back and have some amazing snaps there.. i really like the lone elephant one..

This thread is pretty cool, I don´t do photography at all but it´s fun to watch, and Brian you kick ass!

I was looking for photographers for my wedding next month, and after seeing the outrageously ridiculous prices I figured if they do a good job it´s worth, then saw their work and thought "fuck this" and now I have a cousin who takes good pics and has a decent cam take the pics and my wife does all the photoshop editing cause she´s pretty good at it.

But If I had seen work like Brian´s one of these guys, it would´ve been different. I´m really gonna look into buying and framing one of your pics sometime soon to decorate my house when I get one haha

This thread is pretty cool, I don´t do photography at all but it´s fun to watch, and Brian you kick ass!

I was looking for photographers for my wedding next month, and after seeing the outrageously ridiculous prices I figured if they do a good job it´s worth, then saw their work and thought "fuck this" and now I have a cousin who takes good pics and has a decent cam take the pics and my wife does all the photoshop editing cause she´s pretty good at it.

But If I had seen work like Brian´s one of these guys, it would´ve been different. I´m really gonna look into buying and framing one of your pics sometime soon to decorate my house when I get one haha

Thank you :) It's too bad you don't live in the US, I'm not nearly as outrageous as most wedding photographers are.. my prices are very decent, for the amount of time that I put in to my work, in my humble opinion

Whenever you're ready for a canvas hit me up! I think I'm gonna get one of the "leaf" macros for my own walls at home soon...

What??? Weren't you married already? Is it your second wedding so young?

LOL. I'm married the civil way, next month is the "christian" ceremony. I know in Spain that's normally not done that way, but in Venezuela everyone gets married both ways, first by the civil registry (however that's called in english btw) and then the church way. Actually we did the civil way so she could get her residence papers, if not she would be illegal until august when we marry the church way.

PS, we both don't give a rat's ass about god and his silly pathetic church, but it's a pretty cool tradition and every woman dreams about getting married in white and all that shit, plus both our families are very religious and we don't wanna just make them hate us for the rest of their lives.

/hijacking thread, more photos now please

PS, we both don't give a rat's ass about god and his silly pathetic church, but it's a pretty cool tradition and every woman dreams about getting married in white and all that shit, plus both our families are very religious and we don't wanna just make them hate us for the rest of their lives.

We did it also the christain way just for tradition and keep family oldies happy.

You definitely take some great pictures Ola. I'm not quite as big a fan of the HDR stuff though!

Hopefully I can get a few more recent pics of mine up soon as I've finally got cash to spring for a flickr pro account (yeah, I know they're only like twenty bucks okay!)