The photography thread

Some of the latest: (posting in progress...more to come)
P8076215.jpg

P8076243.jpg

P8016061.JPG

P8016062.JPG

P8016070.JPG

P8016072.JPG

P8016094.JPG

My main question to the rest of you guys is ho do you get such vivid colors? Is it post processing? What format are you shooting in? No matter what I do I cant get those really vibrant colors :(

There are some awesome photos in this thread! I didn't realize there were so many people into photography around here.

Here's some new ones trying out the new close up filters (when taking a break from taking pictures for my son's first birthday):

IMG_1402-sm.jpg

IMG_1406-sm.jpg

IMG_1408-sm.jpg

IMG_1523-sm.jpg

IMG_1524-sm.jpg

IMG_1526-sm.jpg

IMG_1530-sm.jpg

And one of downtown Houston skyline I tried (a rush job though!) the other weekend:

Downtown-Night-Skyline-sm.jpg

My main question to the rest of you guys is ho do you get such vivid colors? Is it post processing? What format are you shooting in? No matter what I do I cant get those really vibrant colors :(

Photoshop and/or Lightroom can be your friends. :) Topaz Adjust plugin for Photoshop can have really nice results too...when not overdone to hell and back. It also has some of the best noise reduction I've used. That's not to say every photo needs help, but don't be afraid of post processing either.

As far as formats, personally...I shoot in JPG most of the time for the typical quick family photos. But for anything where I might want to do processing...those "money shots", I'll shoot in RAW.

I love Topaz Adjust. It's part of my work flow for doing HDR (although I'm still new to HDR). From Photomatix -> Topaz for a little extra "ommf" if needed ->Photoshop SmartSharpen for a fine, final sharpening. The noise removal in Topaz is nearly worth the price alone IMO.

As far as post processing...do yourself a favor and go through Juza's articles on post processing of nature photos. It really opened my eyes to things.

Ya I went and blew the cash on Topaz Adjust a few months ago but haven't really played with it. I just didn't know if it was all post. Was thinking maybe the quality of the CCD's in my camera were just shitty ....lol

Part of my process is definitely my 5D Mark II. The way it saturates the colors before it even gets to the computer is fantastic. Then the rest is all post.

Whilst still approving of the contents of this thread, I must declare it wholly un-metal due to the excessive flowers and BBW models. You can find me at the boobs thread.

Great shots Ola, and everyone else. Definitely some creative talent on here.

What cameras do you guys use? I just ordered a EOS 1000D, so I don't expect to be taking shots of this caliber any time soon, but at least hope to get a start :)

That's beautiful! I wish I had more interesting scenery around here like this to shoot. :(

Great shots Ola, and everyone else. Definitely some creative talent on here.

What cameras do you guys use? I just ordered a EOS 1000D, so I don't expect to be taking shots of this caliber any time soon, but at least hope to get a start :)

Ermz...the 1000D (or Rebel XS as it's called here) is a perfectly fine camera. My co-worker has this. It's basically the camera I have (the 450D/XSi), but the XS body is slightly smaller, and it's 10MP as opposed to 12MP. But really, even 10MP is enough for doing LARGE prints with no problems. I did these two pics with my old 4MP camera several years ago, and they look GREAT as 8"x10" prints.

Craiova---Parcul-Nicolae-Romanescu46-1.jpg

Bucharest--Centru03-1-3-soft.jpg

That's beautiful! I wish I had more interesting scenery around here like this to shoot. :(

Ermz...the 1000D (or Rebel XS as it's called here) is a perfectly fine camera. My co-worker has this. It's basically the camera I have (the 450D/XSi), but the XS body is slightly smaller, and it's 10MP as opposed to 12MP. But really, even 10MP is enough for doing LARGE prints with no problems. I did these two pics with my old 4MP camera several years ago, and they look GREAT as 8"x10" prints.

Thanks dude! It's funny, I was just there the night before and the falls were barely a trickle and then I come after a heavy rain, and there you have it. It's a great place to shoot portraits too, and only about 20 mins from where I live.

I did plenty of prints with a 6MP camera with enlargements up to 16x20 with great results. Of course the ones from my 22MP 5D look much better but 10MP is perfectly sufficient. My Nikon D700 is only 12. A company that I worked for on Hilton Head Island, shooting beach portraits, sold 60" prints made from a Nikon D200, which I believe is also 10MP.

Ok let's see if I can get the direct link to work this time...

4883712733_85d0c7440b_o.jpg