The photography thread

Anyone lookin for a super legit deal on a DSLR for Christmas...

The Canon SL1 with a 16GB SD card, bag and free shipping is only $369 at Adorama (less than they sell for used)... add the 40mm f2.8 STM lens for $129 (also on sale), and you've got a pretty sick setup for just under $500! ;)

Macro shot of a Bell & Howell Super Comat 0.7 inch f2.5 lens for 16mm. I got this off a vintage B&H ww2 combat camera that did saw action with the US Marine Corps, then with the US Forest Service. When they say, "They don't make them like they used to" they're talking about stuff like this. Solid metal, roughly 70 years old, and still sharp as hell. Focuses like butter, too. This is one of my slower lenses for 16mm. Most are around 1.9 - 1.4

Shot on the Sony A7 with a Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 & some m42 macro tubes.

BH-1-of-1.jpg

First Speedlite shots off camera, using 430 EX II. Pitch-black room. 8-week untouched guitar, lit from side. 70-200 f/4 L IS @ 150mm, f/5.6, Crop body. Not great, but I am trying. :lol:

8-weeks%20untouched.jpg

Ended up buying the Canon SL1 this morning at Adorama for $370 + 3% cash back. Figured it was worth it as a second to my 6D, not to mention it'll be great for my girlfriend because of the size and I can replace the family camcorder with it, since it can do autofocus. I'll try it with my 50mm 1.8 first and see how loud the focus is, and if its bad, I'll pick up the 40mm 2.8 STM for it. Pretty excited to check it out. Nice that it comes with a 16gb SD card and a pretty decent bag, too!

Latest Panorama I took during the blue hour, of a park near me. A bit in-balanced, I guess I could crop it quite a bit, but meh.
Wasserpark%20Dez%202013-7.jpg

@glenn, I really like the clean/depthy full frame look, but since its kind of a portrait shot i miss the focus in her face.

+1 to this. Not that its a bad shot, by any means, but nothing about it really draws me in. Honestly, probably one of my least favorite shots you've posted, Glenn :(

Truth be told, it's one of my favorites. :p

It's kind of got that "70's Playboy" look that I've been after forever. Slightly soft focus & massive dynamic range. I've got a ton of shots from this shoot that I'm going through. I'll be sure to post a few more up.

^^I like that one a lot better, there's less separation between the colorful guitar and the girl, though I've never been a huge fan of a softer focus for shots like this. Probably why I'm not huge on the first one :p