The pics thread

^ Isn't that a facehugger? The chest bursters are a little less arachnid looking

I LOVE that wolf eel shot you posted, Cythraul!

26239_544989050495_8400406_32136444_6586827_n.jpg

Bet you can't tell where my sweater ends and my skin begins! HURR HURRR

Do want. :D

Big because bigger is always better. Which is the reason I've switched from a modest 1200 calories a day to about 40,000. Go big or go home.

Haha the self-deprecating remarks are all a joke, if I really thought I was gross or hideous I wouldn't post pictures of myself on the Internet, I'd be posting close-ups of my eyes or hold the camera directly above my head.

@unknown I liked your Ed Gein joke a lot.

@Systematic_Riffage I feel violated that you've dug up that photo from my childhood!

@Vitor woah you're a badass

I LOVE that wolf eel shot you posted, Cythraul!

26239_544989050495_8400406_32136444_6586827_n.jpg

Bet you can't tell where my sweater ends and my skin begins! HURR HURRR
You have thick glasses, and most Asian people aren't yellow.:p
How'd you learn English being in Japan? We have Japanese classes here at my college, I never took one though, I took Spanish instead. So as a reuslt, I have no idea how Asian languages work.

I am American, so I learned English by speaking it as my first language. I work in Japan as an English teacher.

Asian languages work the way other languages work. As for the main East Asian languages, Chinese and Japanese share characters but the grammar is wildly different, Korean uses hangul letters and vocab derived from Chinese but the grammar is similar to Japanese.

Japanese has 2 "alphabets" and a system of several thousand kanji/Chinese characters. unlike Chinese where each character has one reading, in Japanese the same character can be read a whole bunch of different ways depending on context and placement in a word. It's a stupid language and I generally dislike the way it sounds.

I am American, so I learned English by speaking it as my first language. I work in Japan as an English teacher.

Asian languages work the way other languages work. As for the main East Asian languages, Chinese and Japanese share characters but the grammar is wildly different, Korean uses hangul letters and vocab derived from Chinese but the grammar is similar to Japanese.

Japanese has 2 "alphabets" and a system of several thousand kanji/Chinese characters. unlike Chinese where each character has one reading, in Japanese the same character can be read a whole bunch of different ways depending on context and placement in a word. It's a stupid language and I generally dislike the way it sounds.
:lol: I think it's funny you teach people who know the "stupid language". Spanish syntax was ass backwards to me at first, totally different to what I speak. Like instead of saying that tall man it's "Esa alta hombre" adjective/verb. And it's mine. "Es de mi", which translates to it's of mine.
What are hanging letters?
I like language learning in general, though all I've learned are Germanic and Romance languages. I guess I'll have to try a Slavic, non-Indo European language(ie. Basque, Finnish, or Sami), and an Asian one.