The pics thread

I dig it, and get it.

I shower about once a week too, and I stopped using soap on my body for awhile now. And believe it or not, I dont smell like a bum's nutsack.

The only thing on my body I wash is my hair, and beard, because fuck, if you dont wash dreads, they get nasty, and if I dont wash my beard, shit gets nasty too.

Everything else, just water.

I'm in a long term relationship with a dude who's just as gross as I am, so it works out :lol: He's never bitched about my stench. Except my feet. Doesn't care if I'm overall a little hairy either. Probably lying, but far as I'm concerned that's a free pass to continue being a dirty forest dweller.

I dig it, and get it.

I shower about once a week too, and I stopped using soap on my body for awhile now. And believe it or not, I dont smell like a bum's nutsack.

The only thing on my body I wash is my hair, and beard, because fuck, if you dont wash dreads, they get nasty, and if I dont wash my beard, shit gets nasty too.

Everything else, just water.

Yeah when I do shower I use exfoliating body wash so I can scrub off the two inches of protective dirt coating I have cultivated haha. Its weird, I have friends who shower daily and if they go longer than that without one they noticeably stink. I do think there's a correlation there where your body regulates itself.

Of course you smell like shit. You just don't realize it anymore. One of my mates from uni holds similar opinions on cleaning himself and I've always had troubles sitting near him during class. I met him yesterday at the greenhouse and he was eating a pear. I asked him if he stole it there and he said that he found it in a garbage bin somewhere in the city. He just goes around the bins and searches for food like a homeless person and thinks that it's normal.

He claims he does it because throwing good food away is wasteful, but I think he just likes the smell of garbage.

Its the same concept with Sebum production on your scalp. People with really oily hair typically are washing their hair too frequently, so the scalp is trying to regulate itself by producing more oils that the shampoo is stripping away.

If they were to wash less frequently, their hair would initially seem more oily, but it will regulate itself back out and find a happy medium. (I used to be like this before I let my hair lock.)

Its the same concept with Sebum production on your scalp. People with really oily hair typically are washing their hair too frequently, so the scalp is trying to regulate itself by producing more oils that the shampoo is stripping away.

If they were to wash less frequently, their hair would initially seem more oily, but it will regulate itself back out and find a happy medium. (I used to be like this before I let my hair lock.)

I think what you're saying here is greatly exaggerated. I'm certain that I know people who will have ugly, greasy hair no matter what after 24 hours without washing.

No, my hair locked naturally because I stopped combing it, Neuroticalatica.
that's even better...
This whole discussion makes me wanna take a shower.
Speaking of metal people - I've been to houses of many underground people and i've seen things I'm not proud of... It's not even about showers anymore. It's about cleaning the house once in 5 years, changing bed sheets where you sleep with your wife/gf/lover once a year after they turn black, about their dogs peeing on their beds, black bathtubes full of human and dogs hair and stuff like that. I really don't know if it's about being metal or underground or just ignorant, but fuck this shit... seriously :D

I think the grossest thing about me, aside from my trucker-like personality, is the fact I have zero qualms about peeing in the woods then just shaking myself off and possibly patting my shit with a clean-ish leaf.

I spend pretty much all my well-weathered free time at a huge park/nature reserve nearby where bathrooms are few and far between. If it's number one, it can be done.

#YOLO.

It can be done if its number 2, but for the sake of everyone else's sanity and stomachs on this board, its probably not the best idea to talk about it.

If there was nobody around and I could dip my ass in the lake real quick, maybe.

I think some of you dissenters are a bit high maintenance/ girly/ OCD though. Very 'city'. Do you cry when you go camping and there's no showers?

It's not girly, it's just sane, imo. Why comparing camping to everyday's life when you have a shower near you pretty much all the time but still use it once a week?
Plus even while camping it's possible to wash yourself if you have an access to somewhat clean water, there are ways.

But it's your business and your life, people are all different...
I personally find it shocking, but if it works for you and for people around you - so be it.