The pics thread

It actually isn't, but few understand that. One of the really important "intersections" between culture and economics is trust. Societies with a lot of mutual unspoken trust tend to have very good economies and societies with little tend to be third world shitholes. It gets a bit chicken and egg though, at which point do you say that the culture is derived from the poverty and at which point is the poverty derived from the culture? It's a bit like when people in ghettoes get interviewed and say shit like oh life is cheap here, watch yo back, you gotta have integrity an be a man, man.

And economics isn't the only real culture in USA?
Are you allowed to not participate?
economics -> money -> consensus
Nothing much real there if one diggs a bit...

One of the really important "intersections" between culture and economics is trust. Societies with a lot of mutual unspoken trust tend to have very good economies and societies with little tend to be third world shitholes. It gets a bit chicken and egg though, at which point do you say that the culture is derived from the poverty and at which point is the poverty derived from the culture?

I'm really disappointed in how few of you use the ignore function.

Im really disappointed in how the ignore function works, which is why I dont use it.

They should not show ANY of their activity if they are on your ignore list. Having the posts still show up, but telling me so and so is on my ignore list is only accomplishing half the battle.

The button that says "View Post" just makes it fucking pointless anyways. Whenever I see an ignored post I usually always click it. The temptation is always there.

Im really disappointed in how the ignore function works, which is why I dont use it.

They should not show ANY of their activity if they are on your ignore list. Having the posts still show up, but telling me so and so is on my ignore list is only accomplishing half the battle.
Yeah you'll have to blame the software engineers for that.

Mathiäs;11037230 said:
This is the first time I've ever heard you saying anything like this at all. Shits getting real on UMGMDSF.

:lol:

GMD hospitality is rubbing off on me.

Also, the ignore feature is not really effective, and I always have to log back in like every 20 minutes or so, so even if he was on ignore I'd still see it.

^

Idk man. I just dont find myself bothered that much by annoying people. I ignored Neph amd Krow for a VERY long time successfully without using a damn button.

I also always found the existence of an ignore feature kind of hilarious, akin to the like feature on facebook. Just a funny little example of technology doing things for us. Waiting in anticipation for the day we just have 'comment' buttons with a list of potential things to say.

If only "we tried to ignore him but we can't resist un-hiding his posts" were a convincing argument for Deron to ban someone.

Derailing every thread he posts in and purposely posting obnoxious shit to annoy the people on the forum isn't enough?

And yes, I'm aware I'm on topic about 49.9% of the time.

Amerika

We're all living in America,
America is wunderbar.
We're all living in America,
Amerika, Amerika.

When I'm dancing, I want to lead,
even if you all are spinning alone,
let's exercise a little control.
I'll show you how it's done right.
We form a nice round (circle),
freedom is playing on all the fiddles,
music is coming out of the White House,