The pics thread

Really don't get those types at metal shows out here.

Theres the "girlfriend " type that will be there with their boyfriend and his friends, take pictures etc, but obviously not be too into the music, the scene girls, and then the girls that are just genuinely into it and chill without searching for someone to pounce on for attention.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I'm not for or against that kind of violence at a show, but at the same time what do people expect from a genre like black metal or the more "trve" forms of underground thrash or death metal? It attracts quite extreme and often unhinged people and for moderate normies to expect progressive, modern standards of these bands and individuals is the most retarded part to me.

These people mount pig heads on stakes and flop their hairy dicks out while they roar about nihilism and the devil, they don't care about yuppie metallers and their Kim Kelly bullshit journalism activism.

I'm exclusively attracted to alcoholic cavewomen.

But anyway the guy from Deiphago did apparently punch her right proper, it wasn't a playful drunk guy punch, it was a straight up third world Asian black metal punch hahaha.

Metal shows are cesspools to me, I have to be 100% destroyed to tolerate it.

Cable TV is a cesspool too. Later I'm just going to watch Zombies get shot in the head and eat people.

Reactions: Lunella
I think it's a culture thing tbh, if you ever saw what Brits do in Magaluf, apply that to them trying to get into metal and failing badly at it and we have ourselves the annoying wannabe metal girls who throw themselves at anything with a dick even if it's already taken.

My mate said he dated one and it was the worst thing he ever did. They were super dumb like all they'd go on about was drama, no intelligent conversations and such, they just made loads of social problems between friends and weren't even into the music.

But yeah anyway we get a lot of these idiot girls here who only go to the metal places because they want the D and it's boring/annoying. You should consider yourself lucky to not have to deal with that shit tbh.

Obviously, it's not just the girls, I've had my fair share of bellends like that trying to buy me drinks and get super offended when I say no and start calling me a bitch and whatever. I don't even get offended I just feel sorry for them for being so ridiculously pathetic. They come to a metal show expecting to get a metal girl because of the sexual stereotypes about us being good in bed and all that total shit. Urgh.

Hey at least I haven't seen my colostomy bag stalker for a while hahaha.

Metal shows when there are any worth even attending are fucking lame here, Western Australia is a boring shitehole. Seems like shows in bigger places over there and elsewhere are very cliquey, as if people go to them just to be seen and then proceed to just stand around posing.

Or I'm just jaded.

I don't really get it all. I just go to listen to the music and after a while I tend to get sick of that, even if I really like the band. I don't like moshing or being around low IQ people.

@CASSETTEISGOD
It depends where you go here, there's usually bromance around my metal pubs pool table and juke box. The posers tend to stick to the other side of the building. If we get bored there's another metal pub directly at the back of the main one where the old metalheads hang out and there's more bromance in there because it's mature.

Plenty of posers everywhere you go in the metal scene though, it's not something that can be escaped but they usually tend to stick to their poser spots I noticed.

@SentinelSlain
Yeah, it's quite boring but I don't mind having a bit of a 'dance' at a gig, I tend to just befriend the ones who know of the many local bands, because you know then that they're actually into metal rather than just mainstream shit all the time.

I don't really get it all. I just go to listen to the music and after a while I tend to get sick of that, even if I really like the band. I don't like moshing or being around low IQ people.

A decent ammount of bands are probably intelligent, but IQs really don't have anything to do with what people listen too. I rarely go to shows, the problem is you think you're a dick and then you're in a venue and there's dudes that could lay out everyone in the entire place in 2 seconds. I mean I do stupid things when I listen to music sometimes, but I don't hit people and shit, shit happens, but yeah idk.

The last 'metal' show I went to was Agalloch with Jex Thoth. Spent the whole time getting drunk with my dude making fun of the tryhards with penises trying to bang the tryhards with snatches. So many of them.

Reactions: Lunella and CiG
Fuck going to shows. Just give me toilet recordings that cost $100 dollars to produce through my expensive sound system at home in the comfort of my lounge room surrounded by my comics and figurines. Yes. I can't think of any reason to go out and pound beers with my friends and see the bands that I love playing right in front of me. Too many posers.

Yeah it's pretty pathetic, if you're sober enough to notice a hot bitch even exists at a show, you should F.O.A.D.

I can't think of any reason to go out and pound beers with my friends and see the bands that I love playing right in front of me. Too many posers.

Easier said than done, even big bands cancel their Perth leg of their tours cunt.

My beard isn't trimmed and stylised it's just disgusting laziness, my patch jacket doesn't have the correct patches on it and I don't wear hoodies under it and cassettes I collect aren't Deafheaven bootlegs and noise demos.

Try again friendo.

I would like to move to Tasmania to be honest.

That just elevates you to über hipster tbh.

At least if you lived in Tassie you could come up here for gigs easy enough.