the Pronunciation thread

How about Deicide ?
Is it pronounced like di-cide or day-side ?

Also a lot of people pronounce Sepultura wrong.
Its sepultUra and not sepUltura… I think !

You're right, the correct way to pronounce it is the first

Se Pul TU Ra

Also, I saw someone asking about the letter U in portuguese. It works like "OOH" in english pronounciation.

I believe its pronounced, not as in the word "anal" but more like:

a-nal

"a" as in apple. "nal" pronunced with the same "a" sound like in "gal" and not like the word "all"

A-ker-co-ke:

a-ker-caw-ka/kuh

The first a:
Soft "a" sound like in apple, not like "ay."

The "e" on the end is what throws people off. It's a German "e" sound, so like an "a/uh" almost but softly.

---

Can anyone verify that Lord Belial's name is pronounced like: Beh-ly-uhl

Also if it helps anyone, I believe Tvangeste's name is pronounced as:

von-gyeh-st(uh)

The "g" has a gee sound ("gu" not "juh") so it's like gee-yeh but combined so as one syllable. And I used "uh" on the ending to emphasize that it's sort of pronounced that way but softly.

I've been wondering how to pronounce Kiuas.

Only recently discovered this band. They're freakin' awesome.

You're right, the correct way to pronounce it is the first

Se Pul TU Ra

Also, I saw someone asking about the letter U in portuguese. It works like "OOH" in english pronounciation.

Spanish has the word 'sepultura' and it means the same thing it does in Portuguese. I usually just give 'sepultura' the Spanish treatment, i.e. I pronounce it 'se-pool-too-rah' with the 'r' slightly trilled (tapped) like the 'd' in 'kid' and all the stops ('p', 't') unaspirated, and accent on the last 'u'. Spanish 'l' sound is also slightly different from the English 'l' sound to my ears (and according to my learned phonetic analysis). I bet the pronunciation is almost exactly the same in Portuguese.

Mgła, which is a Polish black metal band. Nobody actually asked about it, but people ask about this a lot from my experience. You can actually click here to listen to a short voice clip of the name being said aloud.

Spanish has the word 'sepultura' and it means the same thing it does in Portuguese. I usually just give 'sepultura' the Spanish treatment, i.e. I pronounce it 'se-pool-too-rah' with the 'r' slightly trilled (tapped) like the 'd' in 'kid' and all the stops ('p', 't') unaspirated, and accent on the last 'u'. Spanish 'l' sound is also slightly different from the English 'l' sound to my ears (and according to my learned phonetic analysis). I bet the pronunciation is almost exactly the same in Portuguese.

Yes, portuguese and spanish have a lot in common. But the letter "L", for example, has a different pronounciation. Especially if you consider brazilian portuguese, which is quite different in terms of pronounciation when compared to that of Portugal.

The word Sepultura is pronounced almost the same way in Portuguese and Spanish, only difference being the L. Hard to explain it, though