The Purchases Thread

Train of Thought is a cool album.

I bought Vernon Reid - Mistaken Identity on eBay for $13. That makes me happy. Also got the Arsenal of Megadeth DVD at JB for $17.

No probs, send me $17 and I'll burn you a copy. ;)

I dunno if JB are still selling it for that price now, as it was a couple of weeks ago...

Where'd you read that, Spiff? Is that because Corey's doing Jesus Christ, Superstar or whatever it was?

I was in JB on Lonsdale St (the DVD shop) yesterday, Jordan, and it was still $17.

KING'S X frontman Doug Pinnick will be filling in for LIVING COLOUR singer Corey Glover on LC's upcoming European tour in August. Pinnick says, "Corey Glover is doing a movie and can't commit, so they asked me to do it." The tentative dates are as follows:

August 12 AMSTERDAM(NL) - Paradiso Ticketmaster.nl
August 13 ZOETERMEER(NL) - Boerderij Ticketmaster.nl
August 15 BUDAPEST(HUN) - Sziget Festival
August 16 POTSDAM(D) - Lindenpark
August 17 WINTERTHUR(CH) - Salzhaus Tickets
August 18 HODOKVAS(SVK) - Rock Festival
August 19 TRUTNOV(CZ) - Rock Festival
August 20 TBA

As previously reported, KING'S X's October 20, 2006 concert at the Harmonie in Bonn, Germany will be filmed for the WDR TV program "Rockpalast" as part of their "Crossroads" series. A European tour is in the works as well.

This week I picked up the latest Katatonia album, The Great Cold Distance, which isn't too bad, but seems to be one of their weaker efforts. I got the box version, JB in the city had it priced the same as the normal ones by mistake, where I have seen it at JB Highpoint for $11 more. Awesome.

My girlfriend bought me Jeff Martin - Exile And The Kingdom, which is fantastic. Great album with a lot of old school Tea Party sounding stuff, and some other bits and pieces here and there.

I bought a shirt from the Wolfmother gig as well. They rocked.

Oh yes indeed Wolfmother rocked. I had an absolute ball. Got hammered and their massive jams just sounded so awesome!

A night I'll definitely remember for a long ass time! :headbang:

All sounds noice! How many were at the Wolfmother shows?

The other day a couple of eBay purchases arrived:

Vernon Reid & Masque - Other True Self
Corey Glover - Hymns

I recenty bought the following;

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime II (Growing on me with every listen)
Killing Joke - Pandemonium (Remastered)
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger ($12.99 at JB Chadstone! Bargain!)
Killing Joke DVD - XXV Gathering
The Butterfly Effect - Imago (great album)
RHCP - Stadium Arcadium (listened to it once in three weeks... didn't grab me at all but I'll give it some more time)

A few promos I received and enjoyed were the new Voivod, Celtic Frost, Sepultura and Stone Sour albums (except for two songs on the Stone Sour album which blow - Sillyworld and Zzyxz Rd.).

I have trouble keeping up with listening to everything lately, but I'm not complaining. I never get bored listening to music.

I tried listening to Operation: Mindcrime II yesterday. Second attempt and I still can't finish it. At least I got a bit further than the first time.

I will - WILL - finish it one day. I promise.

I bought these last weekend

TRPRO1V2.jpg