The Questions for Danny Thread!

Is there any chance to ever hear life e.g. all parts of “Eternity” or “Angelica”? Did you think about it since Duncan left? These are such beautiful songs which (I think) would great suit to your present sound and atmosphere.

Hi, all!!

Danny, I've made "One last goodbye" and all the tabs of "A fine day to exit" and "A natural disaster" you can find at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/anathema/ or other websites like Sopel's Anathema website.

First of all, I wish you don't be angry with me or others tabbers to have done tabs of your songs. If I had known where to find you I had asked you for it :erk:

2nd. Some chords or keys in these tabs are not correct, and I'd like to know if you'd answer some questions about that. I know the tabs are very useful for many people. If you don't know, Is great to play Anathema's songs with guitar!! hahahaha :loco:

For example? which chord is played at the end of acoustic guitar part in "Childhood dream"? I´ve tabbed it like this:

E|---|
B|-3-|
G|-3-|
D|-7-|
A|-5-|
E|-3-|

But I'm SURE this chord is not correct.

To look the complete tab you can go to Anathema's yahoo group, or to Sopel webpage here -> Childhood dream tab

Well, thx Danny. I wish we'll be allowed to tab the songs of future Anathema's albums. :worship:

See ya!

CryingAngel said:
Is there any chance to ever hear life e.g. all parts of “Eternity” or “Angelica”? Did you think about it since Duncan left? These are such beautiful songs which (I think) would great suit to your present sound and atmosphere.

They played Angelica in Paris. They also played Empty and Shroud of False which are songs written by Dunc I reckon, so there's hope for you.

Yeah man!! I remember when "A fine day to exit" was released. I got the album and worked all the weekend making those tabs. And I needed some days of next week, I think.

All neighbours at my block listen each song hundred of times, and only two or three times they listened the full songs. To tab a song is a lot of "play-pause-rewind-play.." manouver :oops:

The job is exhaust, but It's cool to play Anathema's songs, isn't it?

May be if Danny or Vinne break their arm I'll play guitar at Madrid's gig tomorrow, 'cause I know the songs, hahahaha :loco:

I'm ending the "A natural disaster" tabs. I've been very busy this months and some songs aren't finished. I hope I release these tabs in few days.

See ya from Spain! :wave:

I gone the "A fine to exit" gig two years ago, and today I'll go to the "A natural disaster" gig at Madrid :tickled:, but:

1st It's illegal to have a camera in a gig :tickled:

2nd If I have a camera in the gig, It's not easy to record Danny/Vincent fingers close :cry:. Usually they're moving on the stage :)

3rd May be the song I like to record will not be included in setlist.

Well, If Anathema's crew let me enter today with my camera I'll be soooo happy :loco:

May be I try to get into the gig with my digital camera, shhhhh!! :Smug:

In the Anathema's gig at Madrid 2th June
Rantam said:
...During ALL the show you could hear a crispy noise, like shortcircuit or cooking fried chips and the engineers could't fix it.

And now the most surprising thing... Two or three songs before the show ended, Les took one of his keyboards with his hands, put it over his head, and SMASHED IT OVER THE STAGE!!!! The keys flew in all directions. Wawwww!! It was like a Hendrix-Who's Townshend-Nirvana moment!!! :-D I think not only the crowd was surprised, Anathema's crew and musicians too. May be Danny would confirm this. After that orgasmic moment, the crispy sound desapeared.

Read more about that gig in this thread

Well Danny, What did you think about that Les's Hendrix moment?

Rantam said:
Yeah man!! I remember when "A fine day to exit" was released. I got the album and worked all the weekend making those tabs. And I needed some days of next week, I think.

All neighbours at my block listen each song hundred of times, and only two or three times they listened the full songs. To tab a song is a lot of "play-pause-rewind-play.." manouver :oops:

The job is exhaust, but It's cool to play Anathema's songs, isn't it?

May be if Danny or Vinne break their arm I'll play guitar at Madrid's gig tomorrow, 'cause I know the songs, hahahaha :loco:

I'm ending the "A natural disaster" tabs. I've been very busy this months and some songs aren't finished. I hope I release these tabs in few days.

See ya from Spain! :wave:

been searching those tabs for a long time: I'm pretty interested in "flyng" and "violence" so they'll be wellcome

cúrratelo tío :rofl:

c u !

icefran said:
been searching those tabs for a long time: I'm pretty interested in "flyng" and "violence" so they'll be wellcome

dead6skin6mask6 said:
oh man, id love to get my hands on the Flying tagb

Flying tab is available since 1st June at Anathema's yahoo group. As I said before, there're some songs of "A natural disaster album" I'm ending to tab. Violence will be the next, may be :Smug:

I've sending an email to Sopel to put the new mail at his Anathema website . May be it will be there available too.

I can send you an email with all the tabs too.

I hope you enjoy the tabs. For comments send me an e-mail.

See ya :wave:

Rantam said:
Flying tab is available since 1st June at Anathema's yahoo group. As I said before, there're some songs of "A natural disaster album" I'm ending to tab. Violence will be the next, may be :Smug:

I've sending an email to Sopel to put the new mail at his Anathema website . May be it will be there available too.

I can send you an email with all the tabs too.

I hope you enjoy the tabs. For comments send me an e-mail.

See ya :wave:

ok thanks but I haven't a yahoo account yet, anyway if http://www.anathema.rockmetal.art.p is not updated I'll ask you for the tabs by mail :)

icefran said:
ok thanks but I haven't a yahoo account yet, anyway if http://www.anathema.rockmetal.art.p is not updated I'll ask you for the tabs by mail :)

Well, to have an account at Yahoo's groups is free, and you will not spend a lot of time doing it. I think It's good to have an account. There are a lot of tabs, pics, and news group.

But if you want I can send you the tab, as well other tabs I've done. :)

See ya.

i want some information about the concert in turkey if possible.. every turkish fan knows the officially released date 20.06 but we're still not sure if the anathema concert will actually occur there since we cannot trust any of the promoters anymore.. how does the situation seem at the moment, is it certain or do you still doubt you'll come to turkey for the concert?

Cerulean said:
I always thought the Panic tab was very wrong. And I still do :)
But I may be wrong myself though.

Cerulean, take note that the tab is only a guidance to play the song. Most of the song are played by Danny in other way. But I wrote the tabs few days after the albums were released. I didn't see Danny playing these songs before.

I know some played tabs don't sounds equal the songs do. Sometimes is extremely difficult to get it sounds equal. Most times it sounds only LIKE the song, and be happy if you play the tab and it sounds similar :p

In fact, I've done some tabs including diferents ways of play the same song/riff. For example "Temporary peace" or "Underworld".

If you have any corrections for that tab send me an e-mail to correct it, please.

Well, may be Danny can help us with the tab :)

If Panic is performed in the new DVD it'll be easy to correct the tab too.

See ya!